1748158 Members
4180 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to get Oracle Performance Manager to work over firewall

Henrique Silva_3
Regular Advisor

How to get Oracle Performance Manager to work over firewall

Running OEM 9i Console, stand alone, on my PC, and after creating a tunnel for port 1521, from the server on the secure networks, I was able to get the DB open using OEM.

HOWEVER, when I tried to get the Performance Manager open, I got an error "ORA-12545, Connect failed because target host or object does not exist".

So, I looked around on metalink, and found doc Note:237019.1 "How to Setup EM 9i for Firewall", to see if any other ports needed forwarding for Performance Manager, but this doc does not seem to address the issue. All the conditions addressed here are for OMS, ODG, or the Intelligent Agent. No mention of the Performance Manager.

So, does anyone here have done this and did you have to forward other ports besides 1521 ( the default in this case ? ). Again, I am able to establish connection to the DB instance using OEM, but can not get Performance Manager to open using the same credentials.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Henrique Silva
"to be or not to be, what was the question ???? "
2 REPLIES 2
Patti Johnson
Respected Contributor

Have you seen Metalink note 216371.1.

Patti
spex
Honored Contributor

http://www.utexas.edu/its/unix/reference/oracledocs/v92/B10501_01/em.920/a96670/firewall.htm

# Port 1808 over TCP: Used for communication between Performance Manager and Agent; or Capacity Planner and the Agent.

# Port 1809 over TCP: Used for communication between the Performance Manager and the Agent over SSL or for Capacity Planner and the Agent over SSL

PCS