1752509 Members
4869 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to increase root volume by using installation media

Sum_2
Occasional Contributor

How to increase root volume by using installation media

I have HP UX 11.31 installed in an rx2620 server. while installing i gave the default root volume size that is 1024 MB.Can anybody help me to increase the size.

Sumesh P
5 REPLIES 5
AwadheshPandey
Honored Contributor

1. Create a system recovery tape using make_net_recovery or make_tape_recovery -I
2. Boot from archive using interactive mode.
3. Resize the logical volumes in the Ignite interface
4. Allow Ignite to recreate vg00 using new sizes.

You can also move lvol4 to some another pv using pvmove or mirror and then extend lvol3.
It's kind of fun to do the impossible
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Using the installation media? simple. Start over.

Your installation has to have failed with a root volume of only 1GB, so just boot from the install media again and start over.

There is no way to run any sort of make_*_recovery with a non-functioning system, by the way. If the install had finished and you had done a lot more work on the system and didn't want to start over from scratch, then Ignite would definitely be the answer.

Pete

Pete
Sum_2
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,
Thanks for your replies.. :).. i thnk it's better to start nw installation, so i'll go for that
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Obviously I'm point mongering here - I really need 1 more whole point! ;^)

I just wanted to correct my assumption that the installation would have failed with only a 1 GB root space. Not true. After a little coffee cleared some of the cobwebs, I realized that 400 MB or so ought to be sufficient, so disregard my earlier comments about the install failing. It does still make more sense to just start over though.

Pete

Pete
Sum_2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Pete.. always have some coffee :)