New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to install Oracle patch

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

How to install Oracle patch

Hi,

I need to install patch for oracle 9.2.0.1 client to upgrade it to 9.2.0.2 i have the patch CD with me. I am installing oracle client now. can u pls give me the detailed steps to install patch

thanx
ravi
never give up
5 REPLIES 5
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor
Solution

Bring down the oracle client services.

Login as oracle
Run the ./runInstaller to open the GUI.

Then point to products.jar located in the patch directory.

Then click 'Next'
It should list down the patches.

Then do a installation.

REvert on further help.

Ravi,I could not reach you on your old e-mail.
??
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

See on your CDrom, you will get all the steps in details (patch_note.htm)

Is it on Windows or HP-UX environment?

if windows:
a. Launch you oracle installer from "Oracle Installation Products" start menu group.
b. Click next on the first screen
c. Select source as E:\patchset9202\stage\products.jar where E: represents you CDrom drive.
d. ...

If Unix, same as above except that you must run "runInstaller"

You should follow the steps in the patch_note.htm.

regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi again,

why install patch 9.2.0.2 when Oracle 9.2.0.4 is already available?

Below details from Metalink about the installation:
To perform an interactive installation using the Oracle Universal Installer graphical interface:
Start the installer from whichever of the above directories is appropriate on your installation:
% ./runInstaller
Follow the steps given below within the installer:

1. On the Welcome screen, click the Next button. This will display the File Locations screen.

2. Click the Browse button for the Source... entry field and navigate to the stage directory where you unpacked the Patch Set tar file.

3. Select the products.jar file. Click the Next button
The products file will be read and the installer will load the product definitions. The products to be loaded will be displayed.

4. Verify the products listed and then click on the Install button.

5. When the installer prompts you to run root.sh, run $ORACLE_HOME/root.sh from a root session . If you are applying the patch set in a cluster database environment, root.sh should be run in the same way on both the local node and all participating nodes. Once this is done, then click OK on the installer prompt window.

6. Once the installation has completed successfully, it will display End of Installation. Click on Exit and confirm to exit the installer.

regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Hi,

thank you all guys.
if any problem i will come back again

TG: I got married on Nov 19. so i was on long leave. my email id has changed it's
"ravkumar@in.ibm.com"
never give up
Jeff Ohlhausen
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
Just one more thing. Make sure you have a good backup of your database and your binaries before starting. Sometimes you may experience problems re-linking but it is uncommon. However some external applications depend on the existing patch level and need to be re-linked or reverted to the older binaries.
Do or do not - there is no try.