Operating System - HP-UX
1752815 Members
5669 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to run d2k-10g forms,reports in AppsServer through client?

bomman

How to run d2k-10g forms,reports in AppsServer through client?

Hello Every body,

I would like know from you is How to run d2k forms and reports in application server10g means in which path we should place them and after that how these are accssible to all clients?

Plz guide me.

Thanks,
Bomman
2 REPLIES 2
SteveKirby
Frequent Advisor

This is a hige question so I am afraid I will only be able to give you the basics.

1) Do you want web based forms or client/server forms?
2) What version were the forms developed under?

Client/Server is much easier. Install D2K client on the PC. Install forms on a common network drive (or as part of the install) and you are in.

Web-based gets complicated...
1) I usually use a 'server partitioned' mode. The 10g database runs the database and another Oracle_Home runs the forms. The biggest reason for this is that the Forms are very specific to version of forms you are running.

For the client to access the forms they need to install a standard Java front-end that is usually set-up to download from an Apache webpage... JInitiator. The version of Jinitiator is also tied to the version of Forms you are using.

The location of the files is determined by the environement setting. e.g. FORMS60_PATH.

The theory is: The DBA starts the forms process with the correct directory mappings. The client connects to an HTML page that has the required info like port, IP, and version of JInitiator required. That HTML page then calls up Jinitiaor which connects to the location referenced in the HTML page and starts a Forms session.

Good luck. This is do-able, but there are a lot of dependencies.
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi bomman,

as explained above by steve,

You are talking about 2 environments: Production and Development.

In production, your clients will be connecting to the Forms/Reports Server and running the application using a java client (JInitiator) within a browser.

For information about the development environment please see: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=992919

hope this helps too!

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)