1752675 Members
5714 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: I have problem when relinking oracle

Odd Olsson
Advisor

I have problem when relinking oracle

When I tries to relink oracle (relink all), I recives the following errormessage:

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unrecognized argument: +padtext
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Usage: /usr/ccs/bin/ld [options] [flags] files
*** Error exit code 1

I have installed the product B3901BA B.11.11.03 HP C/ANSI C Developer's Bundle for HP-UX 11.i (S800).

Any ideas?
OJobb
5 REPLIES 5
Ian Lochray
Respected Contributor

ARe you installing 64-bit Oracle on a 32-bit O/S? An article on Oracle's Metalink suggests that this could be the problem.
Odd Olsson
Advisor

Ian, I'm using 64bit Oracle on 64bit OS.
OJobb
Mehdi_1
Regular Advisor

Have you applied "linker tools cumulative patch" (eg PHSS_22478)on your system.

That may cure the problem.

__Mehdi

Brian Crabtree
Honored Contributor

You might want to look and see how old your libraries are on the system. I recently ran across this error on a system that had been running for 4-5 years when installing 8.1.7. Updating the linker libraries did solve the 'ld' problem, but the next was a libC error.

My end recommendation was to just have the system rebuilt with the new libraries, rather than trying to find all of the ones that were needed. You might have better luck than I did, or more patience. =)

BTW, 8.1.6 installed and worked fine on this server. While I wouldn't recommend 8.1.6 for a longterm solution, it does have a majority of the features, and 8.1.6.3.1 is stable as far as I can see. The problem with it is that Oracle has moved it to a desupport matrix, so caveat emptor.

Brian
Odd Olsson
Advisor

Thanks for all replys,

I have found the problem. The dba's tried to install an invalid oracle patch!...
OJobb