5667 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Informix Data Migration

Sanjiv Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

Informix Data Migration

Hi,

I have been given a task to migrate data from Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.31.UC2A running on HP-UX 10.20 to Informix Dynamic Server 2000 Version 9.21.FC4 running on HP-UX 11.00.

I have already installed IDS2000 ver. 9.21 in HP-UX 11.00 and created the database exactly same as 7.31. I have also migrated all the database with dbexport/dbimport from 7.31 to 9.21 except one.

One one of the database dbimport I am getting the following error.

create synonym "ijbumqrt".gsite for mfscom@sco_soc_eth:"ijbumqrt".site;
*** prepare sqlobj
956 - Client host or user (informix@sgpux.abc.com) is not trusted by the s
erver.

What needs to be done for this?
Why this error has not been seen for the other databases?

Thanks,

Everything is possible
3 REPLIES 3
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

There are other examples of solutions to this error. I used google to find it. You may want to search also. http://www.google.com/search?q=%22956+-+Client+host+or+user%22&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&filter=0

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cpc/cpc_30/inst_ad/adm.htm
Changing Informix Database Server Password
The following describes the procedure for modifying the Informix server password for the CPC Administrator. In the text that follows, this user will be referred to as cpcadmin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 1 Ensure that CPC is shut down.

Step 2 Change the password for cpcadmin on the UNIX server acting as the database server host. If NIS is in use in the network, this can be done from any host using yppasswd(1). Otherwise, log in as cpcadmin or root to the server host and use passwd(1).

Step 3 Verify the previous step by signing on as admin and executing dbaccess -ds. If the password has been correctly modified, then this will show a list of databases. Otherwise, the error `956: Client host or user (xxx@xxx) is not trusted by the server' will appear. This test should be done twice: once while logged onto a workstation and once while logged onto the database server.

Step 4 Log into the host running the CPC Server as admin. Edit the file /serverInstall/mng/utility/syccpenvsetup- where serverInstall is the directory into which the server was installed. Find the line which sets the environment variable CCPPASSWORD and change the password. On completion, the line will appear as:

CCPPASSWORD=newPassword

where newPassword is the new password. If this contains the " character then these should be preceded by a \ character.

Step 5 Restart CPC to verify that the password change has been correctly done.
"Downtime is a Crime."
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/certificate/certignt/install.htm
I get the following error:
listener-thread: err = -956: Client host or user (informix@informix.netscape.com) is not trusted by the server.
You need to reinstall Informix. Follow these steps:

Add the domain name (informix.netscape.com in the example above) to the file \system32\drivers\etc\hosts.equiv.
To reinstall Informix, run the OWSetup.exe program again. Do NOT run Setup.exe again.
When reinstalling, choose the option to copy files and reconfigure the installation.
After reinstalling the Informix software, run the REGCOPY.EXE program (located in the Informix bin directory).
If you encounter an error in the following form:

listener-thread: err = -956: client host or user (informix@207.1.137.5@netscape.com) is not trusted by the server.

you may be using DHCP. In the Network Control Panel, turn off DHCP, and reinstall Informix.
"Downtime is a Crime."
Zafar A. Mohammed_1
Trusted Contributor

Sanjiv,

Check whether the user is in the UNIX server or not? and then check the permissions for the particular users in Informix database also.

Thanks
Zafar