4110 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Informix on HPUX Pls help

marshal_4
Advisor

Informix on HPUX Pls help

Hi buddies,

Im using infomix 7.30.FC7XB and HP-UX 11 and Netbackup 4.5. When i tried backing up my database i got an error in bar_act.log. The error was: UNABLE TO OPEN CONNECTION TO DATABASE SERVER:INFORMIX DYNAMIC SERVER STOPPED.

In Veritas the error log was:
151 THE DATABASE SERVER IS IN AN INCORRECT STATE FOR THIS BACKUP OR RESTORE REQUEST, OR AN ERROR OCCURED WHILE DETERMINING THE DATABASE SERVER STATE.

According to Informix Backup and REstore Guide of Veritas change the database server state amd repeat the backup or restore command.

I already run onstat -v and the database is up. I really don't know what to do so i can use my agent to backup my database. Does anyone can help me on this?

Thanks in advance and more power.

want some guts learn HPUX
5 REPLIES 5
Rajeev  Shukla
Honored Contributor

Re: Informix on HPUX Pls help

Hi,
Is this a new configuration or was working previuosly and suddenly started giving this error.
I know very well about backingup Informix using omniback and you need to configure the informix integration before taking backups.
May be the integration is not configured and you might need to reconfigure the same for Netbackup.
marshal_4
Advisor

Hi Rajeev,

This is a new configuration/installation. I already did what the guide manual told me to do so but i kept on encountering this error
want some guts learn HPUX
Rajeev  Shukla
Honored Contributor

I am sorry i cant help you much but i am sure its an integration issue like in omniback you have to run the integration supplying the server name, sqlhosts file and onconfig file, which represent the informix server and that should return valid return code. I am sure there should be something for Netbackup too, the error above clearly says that it is not able to find the informix server and hence can not deternime its state.
Punithan
Advisor

Hi buddie

my also using informix 9.4 with netbackup 4.5
ad it working fine...

just check the script that netbackup use to do backup..... and you have to configure the the script accodingly for your server.
System Engineer
rmueller58
Valued Contributor

We have to export nightly and force a shutdown of the database and reboot prior to export, we then backup the exports rather then using a level0 backup.

You may want to do an:

onstat -g ses |grep -iv informix

to see what process other then "informix" is still connected to your database.

then you can do an:

onmode -z (IPID)
to kill the process..