1753307 Members
6511 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ingres on HP

Michael D. Zorn
Regular Advisor

Ingres on HP

Does anybody out there run the Ingres database on HP-UX? Or know anybody that does? Or that runs it on anything else?
7 REPLIES 7
steven Burgess_2
Honored Contributor

Re: Ingres on HP

Hello

We only run it on one server here, however my previous company TNT Post Group ran it across the whole environment up until last year 200+ ,all HPUX servers

Regards

Steve
take your time and think things through
Michael D. Zorn
Regular Advisor

Do you know what the release of Ingres and of HPUX was for TNT, and what it is for you now?
steven Burgess_2
Honored Contributor

Hello

I don't recall the version. It was however used for a collection and delivery application.

From memory it completely served it's purpose and was fairly problem free. The only issue I recall was having to remove duplicate rows from tables due to deadlock conditions. The restore of the database from checkpoints following disk failure was also a fairly simple solution which our 2nd line unix team (me at the time) would perform

HTH

Steve

steven Burgess_2
Honored Contributor

We are currently running ingres II on our personell system

Rgds

Steve
Chris Wilshaw
Honored Contributor

We're currently running Ingres II 2.5, with patch 7943 on 50 or so servers.

This is running on HP-UX 11.0 and HP-UX 11i.

Prior to installing the above patch, we had a number of incidents where the DBMS server process took up 100% of one of the CPU's on the server, and had to be killed off.
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

Check this link:

http://esupport.ca.com/index.html?/public/ingres/infodocs/ingres-openroad-matrix.asp

sks
A rigid mind is very sure, but often wrong. A flexible mind is generally unsure, but often right.
Michael D. Zorn
Regular Advisor

Thanks, Sanjay, for that link. It looks like things are not as bad as I thought. I'll see if I can contact CA about Ingres II.