Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install question

SOLVED
Go to solution
mohamed_42
Frequent Advisor

Install question

i have hp-ux 9000 B.11.11 i install all req. pathches for oracle and set varible but win i start installing oracle Warehouse Builder 9.2.0.2.8 for HP_UX PA-RISC (2 CD's)it appear a msg indecate it was not found JRE at "Bin/java"and it ask me to install it from "WWW.javasoft.com"and version higher than 1.3.1 .
i am download JRE15_15000_1111.DEPOT and JRE15_15000_1111.tar.Z but i can't know how can i install it on a server.
what i an Do to solve this problem to install Oracle DB 9i?
16 REPLIES
mohamed_42
Frequent Advisor

Re: Install question

sorry i forget to say when i check installed s/w by SAM i see there is java application installed and when i check /opt i see there is
java1.2
java1.3
java1.4
folder is exsit what i can do to to install Oracle 9i on my server???/
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You just have to ftp the JRE15_15000_1111.DEPOT file to /tmp on the server and execute:

#swinstall -i -x mount_all_filesystems=false

Set the Source Depot Path correctly:

Source Depot Type: [ Network Directory/CDROM ->]

[ Source Host Name... ]

[ Source Depot Path... ] /tmp

And select the depot to install it:

[KEYBORD SPACE] and Action -> Mark for Install

Finaly, install it:

Action -> Install Marked...

Best Regards,

Eric Antunes
Each and every day is a good day to learn.
Kevin O'Donovan
Regular Advisor

Maybe its just a case of a few environmental variables not being set? PATH should contain whichever version of Java you need - /opt/java1.4/bin for example. You might want to set JAVAHOME too, set it to /opt/java1.4. Set these in your .profile/.csh/.kshrc, depending on whichever shell you're using.

One other thing if that doesn't work, I saw a problem where OPT was set as an environmental variable, and it caused the Oracle installation to fail. Check if that is installed.

Hope that helps,
Kevin.
renarios
Trusted Contributor

Hi Mohamed,

Don't forget to install as user oracle (NOT as root)
Set Environment Variables:
1. DISPLAY The name, server number, and screen number of the system where the Oracle Universal Installer display its Graphical User Interface (GUI).
2. ORACLE_HOME Directory containing Oracle software for a particular release.
3. PATH Shell s search path for executables.
export the PATH variable as $ORACLE_HOME/bin, /usr/bin, /etc, /usr/bin/X11, and /usr/local/bin, if it exists

Cheers,

Renarios
Nothing is more successfull as failure
mohamed_42
Frequent Advisor

Please can any one help me to define Required Environment variable for my server.
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Mohamed,

Post the following with the Oracle database datafile owner (usally oracle):

$echo $PATH

mohamed_42
Frequent Advisor

$echo $path
/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.1.0/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:.
Stuart Abramson
Trusted Contributor
Solution

8. So what we should do is install only the latest:

B9788AA 1.3.0.01 Java 2 SDK 1.3 for HP-UX (700/800), PA1.1 + PA2.0 Add On

swinstall -s bkmstr01:/swdepot/11.0/products B9788AA

9. You can download the latest JDK / SDK from the hp java website:

http://www.hp.com/products1/unix/java/

10. To actually run java you must set your path:

export PATH=$PATH:/opt/java1.3/bin/

# java -version

java version "1.3.1.10"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
1.3.1.10-030630-10:50)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.3.1 1.3.1.10-
_30_jun_2003_11_52 PA2.0, mixed mode)

mohamed_42
Frequent Advisor

i am exec. this command and give the succfule result as shown above but i still face the same problem JRE can't found in /bin/java that req. for Run installer and you must install JRE 1.3.1 or higher version from website.
i am now have Oracle9i Warehouse CD did it a correct CD to install Oracle on my server to serve my company if not what is the corect Relese that i need.
mohamed_42
Frequent Advisor

i am exec. this command and give the succfule result as shown above but i still face the same problem JRE can't found in /bin/java that req. for Run installer and you must install JRE 1.3.1 or higher version from website.
i am now have Oracle9i Warehouse CD did it a correct CD to install Oracle on my server to serve my company if not what is the corect Relese that i need.
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi Mohamed,

Try this.

1. Change the JRE_LOCATION in oraparam.ini to /opt/java1.3
2. Start OUI 2.2.0.14 to install the 9.2.0.2 software

Reason :- Possible reasons could be that Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) gets confused by the relative path used in the oraparam.ini file. Providing the full path allows the OUI to find the required files

Alternatively:

1. Download OUI 2.2.0.18 (patch 2878462) or the 9.2.0.4 patchset (patch 3095277) from Metalink
2. Start OUI 2.2.0.18 to install the 9.2.0.2 software

Indira A
Never give up, Keep Trying
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Hi again

You may also try adding the java path (at the end) to your PATH in $ORACLE_HOME/ORACLE.env:

PATH="/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.1.0/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:/opt/java1.3/bin:$PATH"

Best Regards,

Eric Antunes
mohamed_42
Frequent Advisor

i do it my path is have "/opt/java1.3/bin"when i exec "echo $PATH"
but my problem is still existing when i exec "./RUNINS*" it first ask my to set the DISPLAY varible i but it as "DISPLAY=server:0.0"
then
I exec "./RUNIN*" then the msg appeare
"THE Java RunTime Environment was not found at bin/java . hence,the Oracle universal Installer connet be Run.
Please visit http://www.javasoft.com and install JRE version 1.3.1 or higher and try again.
:No such file or Directory"
Note :
my oracle scource file on /var/ora/DISK1
"ORACLE_HOME=/U01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0"
mohamed_42
Frequent Advisor

i need a Quikly help to solve this problem.
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Hi again,

Sorry about the delay answering but I just arrived now at the office.

Find the *jre file in var/ora/DISK1 that is causing this issue: if you have oracleswd.jre change it to oracle.swd.jre!

Best Regards,

Eric Antunes

Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi Mohamed,

Back from the logn weekend. Have you resolved the issue. If not

The error that you are experiencing could be due to one of the following.

1. if you downloaded JRE 1.3 and installed, and you are using this JRE while oracle installation then then the location of this JRE needs to be mentioned in oraparm.ini

In this case the solution will be to edit the file oraparam.ini in /var/ora/DISK1 at the like JRE_LOCATION (comment the original line and add the new location)
The reason is that Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) gets confused by the relative path used in the oraparam.ini file. Providing the full path allows the OUI to find the required files

2. When you copied from the CD may be the copy was not extracted properly on to the disk.

3. Or as Eric mentioned if you unpacked the Oracle Installation directories Disk1, Disk2 â ¦ apparently, under circumstances, unzipping the zipped CD 1 file downloaded from OTN resulted in incorrect directory names, e.g.
/var/ora/DISK1/stage/Components/oracleswd.jre
instead of the expected
/var/ora/DISK1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre

Note the missing dot '.' between 'oracle' and 'swd'.

Indir
Never give up, Keep Trying