Operating System - HP-UX
1752592 Members
2923 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installing Oracle RAC 11gR2 on HPUX 11.31 !!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ivan Azuara
Regular Advisor

Installing Oracle RAC 11gR2 on HPUX 11.31 !!

Hi

Could you give me your best recommendation for install Oracle RAC 11gr2 on two itanium servers running with HPUX 11.31 ??. I was reading some white papers about to use ASM or CFS, and need your assesment for the most recommeded solution.

In addition i will use Dsta Protector for the backup of the database archives( i need an extra license for the integration ?).

Best Regards !!
"Enjoy the life .."
4 REPLIES 4
Augusto Castro
Occasional Advisor
Solution

I have been using ASM for a while and it works fine. How the space is allocated can be monitored with Oracle tools or queries. Your traditional bds command will not work which makes SYSADMINs really confused.

Oracle now offers Automatic Storage Management Cluster File System (Oracle ACFS) which runs on top of ASM but or as flexible as a traditional cluster filesystem.

You need extra licenses for the integration with HP Data Protector and RMAN. If you use ASM this will be your only way to backup ASM files to tape.
Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

The HP standard solution is ServiceGuard with CFS.

Data protector needs the online database license to backup the database while running.

Ivan Azuara
Regular Advisor

Hi Emil

For the Serviceguard suite, i must consider the next packages ???.

- T8687DB HP-UX v3 HA-OE w/SG CFS for RAC LTU (Serviceguard Extension for RAC).

- Serviceguard A.11.19

both are necesary ??, or can work with the Serviceguard Extension for RAC only ??.

Regards !!
"Enjoy the life .."
Ivan Azuara
Regular Advisor

Thanks for your help.

Regards
"Enjoy the life .."