New Discussion юеВ

JDK 1.3.1 installation on hpux 11.0

SOLVED
Go to solution
presage112
Advisor

JDK 1.3.1 installation on hpux 11.0

Hi every body ,,

while installing JDK 1.3.1 on my machine ,I got and error that suspends that process ,while viewing the logs I got the following error ,,,

note : analysing goes smooth but installation stops.

the error message is.

ERROR:
" installing file set "jdk 1.3.jdk13.com
v=1.3.13.00" (1 of 12)."

the internal uncompress routine has detected corruption while "/oracle/jdk/opt/java1.3/bin/.java_wrrapper" which has compression type "gzip"

ERROR:
Tar /cd/...... : this doen't look like a tar archive.

these are the important message .

one more thing ,,On this forum ,how long it lasts until the time we can't assign points to people.

rgds.
4 REPLIES 4
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: JDK 1.3.1 installation on hpux 11.0

It sounds to me like you might have had a corrupt download. I would try downloading the depot from http://www.hp.com/products1/unix/java/ again.

And - there should not be any time limit for assigning points. You can go back any time and assign points.

Pete

Pete
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi,

also make sure that you have transferred the file in binary mode to the server where you are installing the software.

regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

http://www.hp.com/products1/unix/java/java2/sdkrte1_3/downloads/index_pa-risc.html

Try redownloading the depot, could be corrupted.

To assign points to your previous questions, click on your name ( go to your profile ) click on "questions or topics with unassigned points".

Hope this helps,
Robert-Jan
presage112
Advisor

Thanks all ,the file wasn't in binary when I FTPed it ..

Robert I think you deserve more points than what I assigned to you ,, but let it be next time.

rgds.