1752294 Members
4658 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LISTNER PROBLEM

Indrajit Bhagat
Regular Advisor

LISTNER PROBLEM

Dear sir, today morning i have changed the my server hostname lngprd to lngprdr, after that i am not able to my listner up.

this is this follwing command i used to
# su - prdadm
TERM = (hp)
8C16C24C32C40C48C56C64C72C
0Alngprddr 21:
lngprddr 21:

this is command prompt comes after entering the su -prdadm, but previousely
this prompt was looked like this
su - prdadm
TERM = (hp)
8C16C24C32C40C48C56C64C72C
0Alngprddr 21:
lngprddr 21>
here we apply lsnrctl start command,
but not it is saying that command not found.
kindly help me
3 REPLIES 3
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: LISTNER PROBLEM

Simply changing a hostname should not have made a command disappear from your PATH unless your home directory (and possibly other directories) were automounted. Because you aren't seeing the TERM= prompt, it appears that you are not executing .profile and that fits nicely with my theory that the home directory is not being mounted. You probably need to update the automounter maps.

You should really, really get some UNIX training before you attempt to administer a system.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

I agree with the previous post, looks like yopu are not using your $HOME/.profile to set things up. This should not normally happen, but as you have made a change it is obviously connected to that change.

And I also suggest yoou need to seriously consider getting some training before going any further
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

You have asked a vast number of questions this month, alone. You have been rewarded with answers and pointers for all of them.

Please show some respect by taking the time to indicate if and how you were helped.

You can review your previous posts by examining your profile:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/publicProfile.do?userId=CA1404126&forumId=1

Please use this as your guideline:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#28

Regards!

...JRF...