1753479 Members
5226 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LaserJet Fonts and Drivers for HP-UX 11.x

Vito Sarducci
Regular Advisor

LaserJet Fonts and Drivers for HP-UX 11.x

I am looking for the proper way to configure the LJ5si and LJ 8150 to print two pages on each side of standard paper within my HP-UX Servers? Is there a special patch or download I need to swinstall within my environment?

Please advise?

Vito
Lifes too short to stress out, Enjoy every day you have on earth!
7 REPLIES 7
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: LaserJet Fonts and Drivers for HP-UX 11.x

Unix does not have drivers in the sense you mean. You will need to cd to /var/spool/lp/interface. Look for your printer name and edit the file. I would search for 'plex' and you should see the proper argument. The interface file is sometimes continued in the model.orig just below your current location. Very typically it's something like:

lp -dmyprinter -o duplex myfilename
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi Vito,

don't know an option to print two pages on single side of a paper but if you want to print single page on both sides of printer you can use -oduplex or -odouble with the lp command. Do a "man net_lj5x" or whatever interface you are using.

Hope this helps.

regds
Vito Sarducci
Regular Advisor

So what your saying is that I cannot print two pages on the same page using a landscape setting and some sort of placement option?

I would think that this option can be sent to the laserjet via psl? Can anyone help me in finding this solution?

Vito
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi Vito,

I remeber there was some setting to do so using windows driver. Am not aware os any option like that under hp-ux. I'll look for it, and will post a reply if i can find any such option.

Thanks
Vito Sarducci
Regular Advisor

Without having to write a script to take two pages of output and put them on one page of output landscape, i would think that there is something out there that HP has within their laserjets or a set of psl calls to the laserjet that can accomplish this?

Vito
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi Vito,

Try -o2 option with your lp command,

lp -o2 file_name

Hope this helps.

Regds
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi Vito,

To print two pages on wach side and to print on both sides of the page, try both the options together,

lp -o2 -oduplex file_name

Hope this helps.

Regds