108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Lawson system error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Vito Sarducci
Regular Advisor

Lawson system error

I receive the following error from our Lawson financial applications. I spoke with the lawson support and they stated this error related to changing the msgmni kernel paramater. Our parameter is 3x the size Lawson suggests it is. I dont think this is the answer. Can anyone tell me what this might suggest on the O/S of my HP server running 11.x

mft_os_write() failed errno: 28 (No space left on device) fe_stat: 28

Please advise?

Vito
Lifes too short to stress out, Enjoy every day you have on earth!
3 REPLIES 3
nancy rippey
Trusted Contributor

Re: Lawson system error

It appears that you have run out of space in the filesystem. Do a 'bdf' and see if any of your file systems are at 100%. If so and you have vxfs filesystems you can easily extend the logical volume via sam or command line.

Hope this helps.
nrip
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor
Solution

Any aborts with errno 28 can be an indication of not enough disk space. Did you check if you have enough disk space in /tmp or /var ?
Helen French
Honored Contributor

Hi Vito,

There will be two possible chance for your problem:

1) Problem because of underconfigured semaphore values in the kernel. The first step is to confirm your kernel configuration with your application requirements. Run the command 'ipcs -sb' to determine the number of semaphores. Compare NSEMS values with Kernel Parameters. For a possible try, you can increase values of 'semmnu' and 'semmns'.

2) There will be lack of disk space in any of the file system. Check your file systems are not full (bdf)

HTH,
Shiju
Life is a promise, fulfill it!