1752274 Members
5096 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Legato nwora_remove : Could not determine server name

jacky400
Advisor

Legato nwora_remove : Could not determine server name

I installed Legato networker 6.0 and networker module for oracle 3.5 on my HPUX 11.0 32-bit with oracle 8.0.4,but when backup to tape using rman ,show the error

nwora_remove : Could not determine server name

Oracle binary is relinked to the libnwora.sl

my rman script
replace script hot_db_level_0_tape {
resync catalog;
allocate channel t1 type 'SBT_TAPE'
parms 'ENV=(NSR_SERVER=osstest)';
sql 'alter system archive log current';
backup
incremental level 0
tag hot_db_level_0_tape
filesperset 10
format '/DBF_%d_%u/'
(database include current controlfile);
backup
filesperset 30
format '/ARCH_%d_%u/'
(archivelog all delete input);
release channel t1;
}
2 REPLIES 2
R. Allan Hicks
Trusted Contributor

I don't know about networker 6.0. I'm running 7.1 of the LSSV.

One thing that I have discovered about 7.1. If your server's name is not the first uncommented line (or at least the second after the local_host loopback), networker has issues and trouble finding the host. So, you minght want to check /etc/hosts.

You should find the executables under /opt/networker/bin. There is an admin program nwadmin for gui and nsradmin for character. Run it and see if it gives you any informative messages. On 7.1 you must label and mount the tape via the admin process before the tape can be used by rman.

Also, you may want to ps -ef|grep nsr to see if the daemon is running. The daemons can be started by /sbin/init.d/networker start (at least for 7.1) Note, if you stop the daemons (/sbin/init.d/networker stop), they don't stop until they are good and ready. This may be on the order of minutes. Always make sure that they are completely down before you attempt to start them back.

Other than that, the best of luck to ya because Oracle will tell you that they don't support it. IMHO if they ship it, they should support it. If you have a support agreement, tell them that you pay them for the support of the system and since they decided to include Legato they ought to support it. Dig your heels in and expect some unpleasentries.

Legato might give you the time of day if you tell them that you are evaluating it, or you can give them per incident money. legato.com used to have free access to their knowledge base. Your only other hope is metalink.oracle.com.

-Good Luck
"Only he who attempts the absurd is capable of achieving the impossible
jacky400
Advisor

Thanks for your reply.

Here is my /etc/hosts

172.22.12.10 osstest osstest
127.0.0.1 localhost loopback

Is it correct?
Using the /etc/hosts ,rman backup to tape still not work .

RMAN-03026: error recovery releasing channel resources
RMAN-08031: released channel: t1
RMAN-00569: ================error message stack follows================
RMAN-03015: error occurred in stored script hot_db_level_0_tape
RMAN-03007: retryable error occurred during execution of command: backup
RMAN-07004: unhandled exception during command execution on channel t1
RMAN-10032: unhandled exception during execution of job step 1: ORA-06512: at line 153
RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-19624: operation failed, retry possible
ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="/DBF_ORCL_DB_34fpl5o1/", parms=""
ORA-27006: sbtremove returned error
Additional information: 7083
Additional information: 1
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE", line 408
RMAN-10031: ORA-19624 occurred during call to DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE.BACKUPPIECECREATE

would u mind giving your configuration (/etc/hosts,rman backup script etc )for me to reference ?

Actually i also tired the version 7.1.2 before ,but download to test 6.0 to see whether it will work or not .