New Discussion юеВ

Re: Max Oracle Export Size

Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

You can also try another solution if you are running 8i or later:

E.g.
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/exp $ACC_PASS filesize=1024M file=\($DMP_PATH1/yddbexp"$dt"FULLa.dmp, $DMP_PATH1/yddbexp"$dt"FULLb.dmp, $DMP_PATH1/yddbexp"$dt"FULLc.dmp, $DMP_PATH1/yddbexp"$dt"FULLd.dmp, $DMP_PATH1/yddbexp"$dt"FULLe.dmp\) buffer=409600 log=$LOG_PATH/yddbexp"$dt"FULL.log full=Y grants=Y rows=Y compress=N direct=n

Hope this helps too!

Best Regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi,
The 32bit issue affects Oracle in a number of ways. In order to use large files you need to have:
1. An operating system that supports 2Gb+ files or raw devices
2. An operating system which has an API to support I/O on 2Gb+ files
3. A version of Oracle which uses this API

At the time of writing most versions of export use the default file open API when creating an export file. This means that on many platforms it is impossible to export a file of 2Gb or larger to a file system file.

There are several options available to overcome 2Gb file limits with export such as:-

-It is generally possible to write an export > 2Gb to a raw device. Obviously the raw device has to be large enough to fit the entire export into it.

- By exporting to a named pipe (on Unix) one can compress, zip or split up the output.

- One can export to tape (on most platforms)

- Oracle8i allows you to write an export to multiple export files rather than to one large export file.

To Exporting >2Gb on Unix"
Calculating the size of an export file.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
% mknod /tmp/exp_pipe p
% dd if=/tmp/exp_pipe of=/dev/null bs=1024 &
% exp file=/tmp/exp_pipe

This will return the number of of 1K blocks the export file will be in

the following format : +0 records in
+0 records out

Hope tis helps
Never give up, Keep Trying
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

The 32bit issue affects Oracle in a number of ways. In order to use large files you need to have:
1. An operating system that supports 2Gb+ files or raw devices
2. An operating system which has an API to support I/O on 2Gb+ files
3. A version of Oracle which uses this API

At the time of writing most versions of export use the default file open API when creating an export file. This means that on many platforms it is impossible to export a file of 2Gb or larger to a file system file.

There are several options available to overcome 2Gb file limits with export such as:-

-It is generally possible to write an export > 2Gb to a raw device. Obviously the raw device has to be large enough to fit the entire export into it.

- By exporting to a named pipe (on Unix) one can compress, zip or split up the output.

- One can export to tape (on most platforms)

- Oracle8i allows you to write an export to multiple export files rather than to one large export file.

To Exporting >2Gb on Unix"
Calculating the size of an export file.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
% mknod /tmp/exp_pipe p
% dd if=/tmp/exp_pipe of=/dev/null bs=1024 &
% exp file=/tmp/exp_pipe

This will return the number of of 1K blocks the export file will be in

the following format : +0 records in
+0 records out

I hope this helps
Never give up, Keep Trying
Tim Sanko
Trusted Contributor

I assume that you are compressing it to .Z or .gz. If it is running out of cron you could be generating a file limited by cron. I went through that after putting in a previous cron patch.

Tim
Derek Baxter
Occasional Advisor

We installed the cron patch. We are able to make files from cron that are 3 gig, but the export still failed. I will try to see if i can get it to work with the pipes.
Again thanks for all the help everyone.