1753402 Members
7588 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NFS mount defaults

Rainer von Bongartz
Honored Contributor

NFS mount defaults

When using NFS mount I can specify a lot of option on the command line or in SAM.
Without specifying options a set of defaults is taken.

Is there any file where this defaults are recorded or can I otherwise change the defaults for NFS mount operations (hard soft,bg,fg ...)

He's a real UNIX Man, sitting in his UNIX LAN making all his UNIX plans for nobody ...
4 REPLIES 4
Santosh Nair_1
Honored Contributor

Re: NFS mount defaults

You can specify the NFS options you want to use for a particular filesystem in /etc/fstab file...that way, it takes those defaults every time the NFS filesystem is mounted.

-Santosh
Life is what's happening while you're busy making other plans
Santosh Nair_1
Honored Contributor

Also, if you don't want the filesystem mounted on every reboot, you can specify noauto as one of the option. With this option, the filesystem does not automatically get mounted on system reboot, but you can still manually mount it using the mount command.

-Santosh
Rainer von Bongartz
Honored Contributor

Santosh,

I want to change the overall defaults of NFS mounts, not for a particular file system, so that I dont't have to edit /etc/fstab.

He's a real UNIX Man, sitting in his UNIX LAN making all his UNIX plans for nobody ...
Santosh Nair_1
Honored Contributor

I don't believe there is any way to set the defaults for NFS in general. You would have to define them per filesystem in /etc/fstab.

-Santosh