4987 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

OBII 3.5 and Oracle8

Jacek Honkisz_1
Occasional Contributor

OBII 3.5 and Oracle8

Hello,

I have one OBII 3.5 Cell Manager and I've also installed Oracle8 integration on other server.
I back up Oracle8 offline.
The backup fails when Oracle RMAN tries to execute the second 'allocate channel' command line (see barlist file below). When I manually delete these line and following 'parms' line backup complete successfully.
The problem is OBII automatically adds these two lines every time I change backup specification and then press APPLY.
How can I change this OBII behavior?
What should be changed in Oracle8 configuration the RMAN allows allocate more than one channel for 'sbt_tape'?

Regards,
Jacek

*************** Barlist file **************
BARLIST "Oracle8BPSC"
DYNAMIC 1 5
DEVICE "Autoloader drive"
{
-sync
}

CLIENT "BPSC" simpuls.caspol.com.pl
{
-exec ob2rman.exe
-args {
"-pre Oracle8pre.bat"
"-backup"
"-post Oracle8post.bat"
}
-input {
"run {"
"allocate channel 'dev_0' type 'sbt_tape'"
"parms 'ENV=(OB2BARTYPE=Oracle8,OB2APPNAME=BPSC,OB2BARLIST=Oracle8BPSC)';"
"allocate channel 'dev_1' type 'sbt_tape'"
"parms 'ENV=(OB2BARTYPE=Oracle8,OB2APPNAME=BPSC,OB2BARLIST=Oracle8BPSC)';"
"backup incremental level filesperset 1 "
"format 'Oracle8BPSC.dbf'"
"database "
"include current controlfile"
";"
"}"
}
-public
}
3 REPLIES 3
Joseph T. Wyckoff
Honored Contributor

Re: OBII 3.5 and Oracle8

How to configure Oracle's RMAN is something best answered by a database administrator - so I moved this into the database area.

It looks like you are wanting to use two tape drives. As a short term work around, I suppose you could remove one of the tape drives from the backup specification. You might also need to reduce the concurrency (as part of your temporary work around.) Frankly I do not know.

Good Luck.
Omniback and NT problems? double check name resolution, DNS/HOSTS...
Satar Naghshineh
Occasional Advisor

As far as I know, you can't change this behavior. It gets frustrating sometimes when you even look at the backup specs and don't click on "cancel".

If you find yourself changing backup specs on a daily basis to accomodate a business need, then just create alternate backup specs.

Regards,
Satar Naghshineh
Oracle DBA/UNIX Sys Admin
"Comments are of my own and do not reflect my employer"
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
Not that i know too much, but anotehr chance would be a plain filesystem backup, if you backup Oracle offline ? We use scripts to shutdown and startup the databases before and after the backup and run filesystem backups.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"