1752788 Members
6390 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ODBCLink and ADO...

Arnaud Petiteville

ODBCLink and ADO...

Hello,
I have a trouble with the ODBCLink/SE-32 Driver (version 5.57.08.00) with AllBase, ADO (2.5), VB6 (SP5) under NT 4 (SP6). When I open two recordsets the second one fail.
For example :
Dim rstChamps As Recordset
Dim rstGamme As Recordset
Dim conArnaud As New ADODB.Connection
Set rstChamps = New Recordset
Set rstGamme = New Recordset
conArnaud.CursorLocation = adUseClient
conArnaud.Open "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=arnaud;Extended Properties='DSN=ARNAUD'"
rstGamme.Open "SELECT code_gamme, nom_gamme FROM tabl.gamme", conArnaud, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly
'The following recordset send the error message :
'"Erreur d'ex?cution '-2147467259 (80004005) : [ODBCLN32.DLL] ODBCLINKSE does not allow multiple threads" (I am French).
rstChamps.Open "SELECT * FROM arti.article", conArnaud, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly
Set rstChamps = Nothing
Set rstGamme = Nothing
conArnaud.Close
Set conArnaud = Nothing
But sometimes (not often) it works, especially when I run this program just after starting my computer (the second time I run this program it does not work). I have noticed that if I write "Set rstGamme = Nothing" before opening the second recordset it works, but I need to have the two recordsets opened.
Thanks for your explanations...
2 REPLIES 2
David Gordon

Re: ODBCLink and ADO...

Hi,

I've encountered the same error. Did HP ever respond to your question? If so, please email the response to me.

Thank you,

David
Arnaud Petiteville

Re: ODBCLink and ADO...

Hello,
I have had no answer.
It seems that www.mbfoster.com has the solution, but it is not cheap...
Good luck and if you find an answer tell it to me...