New Discussion юеВ

Re: Online JFS with Service Guard

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sylvie Vezina
Occasional Advisor

Online JFS with Service Guard

Hi,

One one our File System is under Service Guard, can I use Online JFS to increase it or have to do manually?

Thanks
The best day is today
4 REPLIES 4
John Poff
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

If you have Online JFS installed on that node, you can increase the size of the filesystem without having to bring down the package or anything. We do it here all the time. Now, you mentioned 'do manually'; you'll still have to issue the commands to expand the logical volume and the filesystem either from the command line (my favorite way) or from SAM.

JP
Ashwani Kashyap
Honored Contributor

Yes , you certainly can use online JFS to that with no problems . You don't have to bring down the cluster or anything else .
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

Absolutely use Online JFS to resize the filesystem! If the filesystem in question is part of a package resize it on the active node. At such time as the owning volume group is mounted on another node, the new size will be deduced at mount-time.

Regards!

...JRF...
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

As the file system size is held on the disks, there is no change to be made within the SG configuration.
Therefore, OnLine JFS can be used to increase the fs size and not trouble SG
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!