6136 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Oracle 8.1.7 install on HP-UX 11.0

SOLVED
Go to solution
Carde

Oracle 8.1.7 install on HP-UX 11.0

I'm on a 32 bits machine but in the ORACLE_HOME/bin directory the Oracle installer did install 3 64 bits executables (sbttest, sqlldr, xmlcg). Those 3 executables don't work (Execution permission denied) and that's a big problem for me because I have to work with sqlldr.
I have edited the sched.models file but it don't help...
Have someone any idea for me ?
Thanks a lot.
8 REPLIES 8
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle 8.1.7 install on HP-UX 11.0

Youre going to have to reload/copy the 32bit versions of these executables either from an oracle cd or from another server with the same version of oracle (and 32bits).
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
twang
Honored Contributor

In you case, I think you may copy 32-bit executable files of those 3 executables from another 32-bit machine, and try to see whether they work. otherwise, I would suggest you to reinstall 32 bit Oracle.
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

Will sound odd but,
what does the the following command show?
ll sqlldr

Mine is:
$ ll sqlldr
-rwxr-x--x 1 ora817 oinstall 573056 Oct 29 2002 sqlldr

revert

regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Carde

Thanks for your answers !

I have no Oracle 32 bits installation to copy...
I was thinking that the Oracle installer can install either the 32 or 64 bits version of Oracle to match the system architecture (that's why I have edited the sched.models file), now I think I was wrong...
Carde

To Yogeeraj :

mine is
-rwxr-xr-x 1 oracle oinstall 568936 Sep 15 2000 sqlldr

it's not exactly the same file : mine is the 64 bits version.

Thanks,

J??r??mie
Massimo Bianchi
Honored Contributor

Hi,
did you recompile it ? Were there any errors?

Just in any case, if you can, i will install patchset 8174, to fix many defect.. and the idea to copy the executable is not very good: at the next patch or recompile you will have your 64bit exe back, unless you find the root cause.

HTH,
Massimo
Michael Kelly_5
Valued Contributor
Solution

Carde,
the timestamp on your sqlldr file imnplies that it was last relinked on Sep. 15 2000.
Check to see if you have a $ORACLE_HOME/lib64 directory and if so, rename it to something else.
Then run the $ORACLE_HOME/bin/relink script and redirect the output to a file (for later analysis if necessary).
If the relink script does not find the lib64 directory it will default to creating 32-bit executables.

HTH,
Michael.
The nice thing about computers is that they do exactly what you tell them. The problem with computers is that they do EXACTLY what you tell them.
Carde

Thanks Michael, it seems to be ok now ! (I still have sbttest and xmlcg 64 bits but sqlldr is now 32 bits)

Thanks to everybody for your help !