1752592 Members
3734 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Oracle 8.1.x installation on HP-UX

Ravi Kumar K

Oracle 8.1.x installation on HP-UX

Hi..all

I am getting gensyslib error(File not found check for availability)while loading oracle 8.1.4 on HP-UX 10.20. Infact this file does exist and readable by the system. Can any one shed some light on the issue. And also any one can give me required patches,etc... Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
G. Vrijhoeven
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle 8.1.x installation on HP-UX

Hi,

Take a look at this threat. It covers the same error on HPUX 11.00 may be it can give you some pointers.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=200302

HTH,

Gideon
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi Ravi Kumar,

With oracle 8.1.x (prior to version 8.1.5.1) there is a BUG where you get linker errors indicating that libraries cannot be found.

The solution would be to change sysliblist, this should contain
-lexc -lmld -lrt -laio -lm -lxti

This problem has been fixed from version 8.1.5.1

gensyslib will create a file, namely sysliblist (under ORACLE_HOME/lib), which will contain the list of operating system libraries that need to be included during relinking of oracle executables.

During relinking, this sysliblist file will be used to generate the oracle execuatables.
This file will be installed/copied when you install Oracle software. So, generally you need not use the gensyslib utility, unless the sysliblist file is corrupted/missing and needs to be regenerated.

I hope this helps

Indira A
Never give up, Keep Trying
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

you may try to replace the contants of the ORACLE_HOME/lib/sysliblist file to read :

-lexc -lmld -lrt -laio -lm -lxti

however, please consider the installation of 8.1.7.4 instead. It has much of the bugs fixed!

regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)