Operating System - HP-UX
1752783 Members
6037 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Oracle 9.2.0.1 on HP-UX 11.00 relinking wonders!

Victor Ciurus
Occasional Advisor

Oracle 9.2.0.1 on HP-UX 11.00 relinking wonders!

Hello everyone,

The facts that I have lately experiencing on our development machine make me think about how much deterministic is computer science in fact!!!

We tried installing Oracle 9.2.0.1 on a A Class running HP-UX 11.00 with all the patches, compiler, Java and QP listed in Oracle Installation Requirements. All goes wrong when the Oracle installer tries to link the application. There we get a lot of MakefileException for ins_oemagent.mk, ins_otrace.mk, ins_rdbms.mk.

So far no answer for the last 3 days from Oracle support. They say they are still digging. Further on I tried relinking by hand from the $ORACLE_HOME/bin directory and went for 'relink utilities'. The amazing thing is that it fails everytime with DIFFERENT ERRORS! I have attached a zip file with 5 different errors (or no errors at all!) that resulted when running 'relink utilities'. I may add that the same thing happens when I try to run 'relink oracle' or 'relink all' asf.

So! Can anyone help me with ths strange behaviour! Or should I eventually reinstall the OS on the machine? I can answer any question related to the OS installed on that machine or any other hw issues.

Tanks in advance,
Victor
I was born intelligent! Education ruined me.
6 REPLIES 6
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle 9.2.0.1 on HP-UX 11.00 relinking wonders!

Hi, Victor

I too struggled like you in the initial days, ultimately i found a site which solved my oracle linking problem(while installing).

follow this URL: this is for 9i rel 1, but also works for 9i rel2.

http://docs.oracle.com/HTML_Storage/a90357/toc.htm

after assuring the patches and kernel parameters values as mentioned in the given link. start the installation again.
never give up
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

I too spent some time struggling with the 9iAS release 2 installation (9.0.2.1). Most important as Ravi mentioned is that you should make sure that all the mentioned patches as listed in the accompanying installation documents have been installed.

Also, make sure that you have properly provided the JDK path as /opt/java1.3

Go through the logfiles and identify any possible causes of errors.

Metalink people will help you. Be patient. They are good! ;)

Regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Krenzer
Advisor

a) On 11.0 you must apply many patches, the easiest way is, to install the GoldPackage
b) you must increase "maxdsize" >256 MB, if you get an error Message with out of memory
c) you must set some links to librarys, they are in the oracle docu

Greetings
Frances Prindle
Occasional Advisor

We are expereincing the same issues, only on a N class server. What is the GoldPackage?
It is not a problem, but a learning experience.
Victor Ciurus
Occasional Advisor

Hello Frances,

I think there is a little missunderstanding on behalf of Krenzer. I have clearly specified that the system wher I had tried to install Oracle 9.2.0.1 was HP-UX 11.00 and therefore there is no use for GoldenPack as this, afaik, only applies to HP-UX 11i.

Regards,
Victor
Victor Ciurus
Occasional Advisor

GoldenPack or GoldPack :) they both refer to the same "The new 11i Quality Pack depot (GOLDQPK11i) includes the two 11i Quality Pack bundles..."