Go to solution
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle Application running on Itanium Server

document requested attached.

good luck!

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi again!

have a look at your profile..

you have assigned point to only 2 of your 70 posts to date!!!
see: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/pageList.do?userId=CA1155755&listType=unassigned&forumId=1

because of this some forumers may be reluctant to post reply to your questions and share their experiences...

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Veron_Le
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

One more question. What is difference between "Application server 10.1.2" and "Application server 10.1.2.0.2 Phase2 ans 10.1.3-Projected" and "Oracle App. Release 11i Application Tier"????

As your file first two Application server could run under Itanium

YOur response is very helpful. Will vote you 10.

Thanks
Veron_Le
Frequent Advisor

I think I am oversight. Thanks for your remind, I will assign mark now....

Thanks again.
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

"Application server 10.1.2"
"Application server 10.1.2.0.2 Phase2 ans 10.1.3-Projected"
==========================================
The above 2 are the same product but different releases. The product name is Oracle Application Server. You have the Infrastructure part and the Middle Tier part. The Infrastructure part basically needs a database. The Middle Tier runs the Application Server (e.g forms, reports, discoverer, etc)

"Oracle App. Release 11i Application Tier"
==========================================
This is a different product. It is a bundled solution. I am not too knowledgeable about the different solutions available. I know the re is Oracle App Finance, Oracle App HR, etc

The setup is standard and predefined. All the products in the suite is already configured and tuned. You only have to focus on the application.

this is briefly the main difference.

Maybe others can add to this.

if i get some time, i can search for more information on Metalink for you.

kind regards
yogeeraj
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

Hi again!

You can get more information about Oracle Applications at the following url:
http://www.oracle.com/applications/home.html

Basically, Oracle applications deliver the information foundation and complete functionality you need to grow your information-driven business.

Product areas covered are:

o Corporate Performance Management
o Customer Relationship Management
o Financial Management
o Human Capital Management
o Procurement
o Project Management
o Supply Chain Management

hope this helps too!

kind regards
yogeeraj
TwoProc
Honored Contributor

AS I understand it - most folks going to Itanium have taken the application level tier off to be the same as the "middle tier". A nice thing happened in 11.5.8 (or so) that allowed the concurrent managers to be run not only from the application tier(simply put: concurrent managers,concurrent programs and reports) but also on the middle tier (apache, java and forms server tier).

What you got was the ability to include/exclude all tiers in a system as part of the application tier scenario. What this then allowed you to do was actually turn off the application tier from living on what was historically the same box as the database server box(es), leaving all of this to run on just what was historically the "middle tier."

This is the strategy you would pursue for Itanium: The Itanium box becomes your database, and (your choice of either) some or all of your middle tiers does applications(these could be HPUX PA-RISC or Linux for example) , or alternatively a single box (HPUX PA-RISC or Linux) becomes your applications tier. This applications tier box wouldn't need to be much, as the load imposed by this "tier" isn't much at all, the load that they generate on the database is however - but that's running on the Itanium box.

We are the people our parents warned us about --Jimmy Buffett
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

Better ask Oracle for the timing of the future release of Oracle Apps on Itanium. My expectation was next summer, but that could be way off.
Mom 6
Delrish
Trusted Contributor

According to Oracle certification matrix, you can install Oracle Application Server 10gR2 (10.1.2) on Itanium 2 Platforms. It supports all HP-UX (11.23), Linux and Windows operating systems.For HP-UX,your DB server can be one of 9.2 or 10g (10gR2 is projected and not certified yet).
Oracle does not certified earlier version of application server (like 10g (9.0.4),..) for Itanium 2 platforms.

Alireza