108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Oracle Forms 6i background color

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tim Howell
Frequent Advisor

Oracle Forms 6i background color

Does anyone know how to change the background color in Oracle Forms 6i, running as Motif client/server? Is this an X windows issue, or Oracle tools? It "defaults" to black fonts on a dark blue background making the forms hard to read in some situations. I can find no reference to it in Oracle Docs...(Forms Builder, etc.)
{HP-UX 11.11, X11R6, Oracle Forms 6i client/server, HP Entria X terminals}
-TIA
if only we knew...
15 REPLIES 15
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Hi Tim,

It is a canvas or window property of the template you used to created the form(s).

Regards,

Eric
Each and every day is a good day to learn.
Tim Howell
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Eric. I see the property you are referring to. However, the forms (over 60) are saved (and ran) from the file system. I guess this means they each have to be changed indivually(?). Or, do you know a trick, perhaps using f60genm or something?
if only we knew...
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Hi Tim,

Try to change just the template canvas/window color property to the one you want, save this template you used for all the forms, ftp it to the server (BIN mode) to upgrade the previous template and regenerate each form on HP-UX:

$cd

$fgen userid=/ module=.fmb output_file=.fmb module_type=form batch=no compile_all=special

PS: in Forms 4.5 you cannot say what template to use when generating but I don't konw if it is possible in Forms 6.0. Try this to see all options available:

$fgen help=YES

Best Regards,

Eric Antunes
Tim Howell
Frequent Advisor

Thanks again Eric. I didn't actually create the forms, I inherited them, which are actually upgrades from 4.0. I don't think there is a "template", they all appear to be built as standalone files that get called from a menu. But at least I see what I have to do...Thanks!
if only we knew...
Tim Howell
Frequent Advisor

Ooops...as a follow-up: this property does not appear in the menu module (.mmb). Is there a way to change the "background" color of the menu?

TIA
if only we knew...
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You don't do this on the menu:

You do this on the template form that as been used to create all those forms. Find this template form (usually called TEMPLATE.fmb) on you HP-UX server or wherever you have the source forms located...

Hope this will help you.

Eric
Tim Howell
Frequent Advisor

There is no TEMPLATE form, but there is a module the the menu is "attached" to. I believe this is the closest thing to what you are referring to. This form gets called first, and all other forms are called from the menu. I can change the background of this form, but the problem is the "background" of the menu bar itself remains the default dark blue, and the text black. I can see in the menu items where to change font size etc., but not color.

Thanks again;
if only we knew...
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Hi Tim,

Can you open on Form and see what blocks you have in it? Is there a block called TOOLBAR? If yes, is it Referenced (with a R flag)?? If yes, then you use a template! :)

Best Regards,

Eric Antunes
Tim Howell
Frequent Advisor

Eric,
NO, there is no block named TOOLBAR. In fact I see nothing with the R flag.

Thanks;
if only we knew...