Re: Oracle Forms 6i background color

SOLVED
Go to solution
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Tim,

If you forms have no referenced objects (R flags), I don't know what else to tell you then...

Just see this attachment: all the properties with the equal sign before (=) are from the referenced Template...

Hope this will help you,

Eric Antunes
Each and every day is a good day to learn.
Tim Howell
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for all the help Eric. I think I'm stuck changing them individually, but your effort and answers certainly deserve 10 points...
Thanks again!
if only we knew...
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

If you are going to change each form one by one, consider the use of a template form and/or referenced objects. With more than 10 forms it's the only way to have a standarized application at all levels of objects. Otherwize you will 100 times the work to built standard application. For exemple, you can define all the generic properties you want for all Triggers, LOV's, Blocks, every objects...

That's the "Object Oriented Paradigm": each object of the form can inherit all its properties from the Reference Object.

See in attachment more info. about this Reference question I remembered now (I don't do serious form programing since February 2000, so I didn't remember last week until now): you can see and define references at Object Group level in the form.

Eric
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Tim,

Just on more question:

When you try to open the form, is there any message about referenced forms (You'll need to setup a windows registry variable if you have the referenced forms in another directory than the current form directory)? If at any time you saw this kind of message and yet open the form and, later saved it, then you lost all the references for that particular form...

Eric
Tim Howell
Frequent Advisor

Eric,
No, in fact I am using the hard-to-come-by HP-UX version of developer (not using Windows at all). All forms are in the same directory. There is a form saved to the database that has a block referenced by other forms (designated by an arrow)(...as opposed to R?). But only header type items are referenced, like username, form title etc. Changing the background on this form has no effect on the menu or canvas backgrounds of other forms that reference it...

Thanks;
if only we knew...
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Well,

I don't know what else to tell you. Try to explore that Object Groups part of the Forms Designer Navigator...

Eric