1752364 Members
5739 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Oracle Installation

Massimo_37
Frequent Advisor

Oracle Installation

I am rying to install Oracle 7.2.3. There are no previous versions of Oracle on this server. I selected Oracle RDBMS Server(7.2.3),Server Manager, Forms 3 , Menu5, SQL*Report and SQL*Report writer from the installer. The installer during "Analyzing Dependencies" stage comes with an error saying :
tk2.vrf(0):FILE_NOT_FOUND while verifying tk2
(No such file or direcory)
After this the installer comes back to select products to install screen, without installing anything at all. Any clues - I am unable to find the reason for this error
Hope you can help- Many Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Fred Ruffet
Honored Contributor

Did you tried to find the file manually on the CD ? Maybe you should try to copy the CDs to disc to cerify they are not damaged (such old disks may not be in a good state :)

Regards,

Fred
--

"Reality is just a point of view." (P. K. D.)
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Looks like installable media/file are corrupted, try with another one if you have
never give up
Massimo_37
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your replies -I just found the reason, I was using pfs_mount to mount the CD, but I should have used the command below: (for Oracle7.2 cds !)

mount ├в rv ├в t cdfs /dev/sr0 /mount_point

Everything went okay, but the installation of product documentation library , may not have worked. It looks like I put the wrong CD (for a later version of Oracle) . Will this cause problems ? I am planning to upgrade to 7.3.4 soon- so I don't need the documnetation, but will it cause any other problems ? Many
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
Are you running this software on a 32-bit machine or a 64-bit system ?
You might need some patches from HP and Oracle. Pls check the Release Notes and the Install and Upgrade Guide from Oracle.
There is a patch to mount Oracle CD's as normal to avoid this painful pfs_mount.
Hope you have it installed.
YOu should think about upgrading to at least Oracle 8.1.7.4 as database version. Your version ( 7.x.x.x ) is out of support for a long time now.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"