New Discussion юеВ

Oracle Reports font has changed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Coolmar
Esteemed Contributor

Oracle Reports font has changed

Hi,

We have Oracle Reports running and the users are complaining about the fonts. The thing is that the application got moved from an older HP-UX server. They are saying that when they print their reports, the font is smaller than it used to be and it is starting to print higher on the page than before. I have looked in /usr/lib/X11/fonts and the number of fonts is the same on both systems. I don't even know where to look from a UNIX perspective to eliminate it as a unix issue. I am thinking something may have to be set from the Oracle end, but Oracle didn't really change from one system to another. Any ideas where I can look? Is there a fonts package that I can install outside of what comes with the OS on a standard install?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
RAC_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle Reports font has changed

Did you look at printer interface script files?? Are they the same on old and new servers??

Anil
There is no substitute to HARDWORK
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor
Solution

For printing of the Oracle reports, there can be defaults setup by the oracle user and by the oracle printer to have certain print values set as defaults. These can be viewed using SQL statements. Some of these values can be the font, the default print, the default printer by report name, etc... Lots of options can be set in the Oracle for printing.

You may want to get a DBA involved to look at some tables related to report printing. Else if you know SQL queries on which tables you might be able to see yourself.

Coolmar
Esteemed Contributor

I found alot more fonts on the old server as well as some links, so I am guessing that is the problem/difference. Is there a font package of some sort that can be installed or should I just copy them from the old to the new? The old server is 11.0 and the new is 11.11.

Thanks
Coolmar
Esteemed Contributor

Disregard my last message. I was in the wrong directory. The fonts directory is the same on both old and new.