Operating System - HP-UX
1751725 Members
6106 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Oracle: TNS:lost contact on 11.11

Arne Hinrichsen

Oracle: TNS:lost contact on 11.11

I try to install Oracle 7.3.4.x on HP-UX 11.11. Everything works fine during installation, tnslistener starts and keeps running.
But as soon as I call svrmgrl I get the message
ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact

As this Problem exists on 11.0 and can be patched with PHSS_23440 I think it is an HP-UX problem. This behavior also occurs with Oracle 7.3.3 on the same machine.
Related Kernel Parameters are modified for oracle. (This is part of an SAP installation but support from SAP has been discontinued for this Release)
I attached the sqlnet.log of the svrmgrl-session.

TIA

Arne Hinrichsen
11 REPLIES 11
Sridhar Bhaskarla
Honored Contributor

Arne,

First check up all the resources on the system while you are doing an svrmgrl such as cpu, memory, swap etc,..

If everything is within it's limit, then relink the listener executable and see if it fixes the problem.

-Sri
You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try
Arne Hinrichsen

Sridhar,
I remade all the binaries in
rdbms/lib
network/lib
otrace/lib
sqlplus/lib
but the problem persists. A lot of warnings pass by while remaking the binaries though. Mainly because cc is not ANSI Standard. But there are no errors.
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi Arne,

Have a look at this thread.

http://technet.oracle.com/doc/server.804/a58312/newch255.htm

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Jayaprakash_1
Advisor

i am sure this problem is just because of the insufficient memory.if possible increase your kernel settings for shared memory or if you have any extra applications running shut it down and try to give svrmgrl if it works then on need add the memory
jp
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
Check this one as well pls :

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,1150,0x9bccd06ed8c8d4118fef0090279cd0f9,00.html

You may find some hints ( i hope ).
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Volker Borowski
Honored Contributor

Arne,

7.3.x let's me assume, you are quite low with the SAP-Release. SAP had a nonstandard setup for the listener in earlier releases.

The SQL-Net files had been set in /usr/sap/trans and to get access to these files, TNS_ADMIN had to be set in the environment. In addition, /usr/sap/trans could very well be NFS-mounted which could cause access problems.

Do a "lsnrctl status" as orasid to see with which files the listener runs, and if these are the ones you need.

If you get them from NFS, keep in mind, that for ease of use, during the installation, this is often done with a -root mount. Later this is changed with access restricted to sidadm now if orasid is not member of the group sapsys, or the group sapsys has a diffrent id on the NFS-source host, it might be possible, that the listener can not read the SQL-NET files.

Hope this helps
Volker
siddharth_2

Hi,

I've run into the same problem as Arne did. I went thru the replies in this thread but couldnt get any that finally worked. I'd like to know how this was/(can be) solved..

thanks,

siddharth
siddharth_2

Hi,

I've run into the same problem as Arne did. I went thru the replies in this thread but couldnt get any that finally worked. I'd like to know how this was/(can be) solved..

thanks,

siddharth
siddharth_2

Hi,

thanks,

siddharth