New Discussion юеВ

Re: Oracle10g Installation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pinki Meggi
Frequent Advisor

Oracle10g Installation

Hi all

Im installing the oracle 10g database on a HP-UX 11.11. When Databse Configuration Assistant start to create and start Oracle Instance there is an error:

Error in Process: /oracle/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_ 1/bin/orapwd

Can anyone help me please, i have no idea to proceed. Im trying to install it has three months and i just dont get. Please help me, i will be very greatfull.

Regards

Pinki
13 REPLIES 13
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Hi Pinki,

Did you read the installation pre-requisites?

See the Installation Guides in the folowing links

10g Release 2:

http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/portal.porta
l_db?selected=11

10g Release 1:

http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db10g/portal.portal_demo3?selected=1

Best Regards,

Eric Antunes
Each and every day is a good day to learn.
Sivakumar TS
Honored Contributor

Dear Pinki,

There are some kernel parameter change and user&group creation & profile relataed pre-install settings are to be done before starting the installation.

Please check the installation CD of the oracle ( 1st CD) it has a very detailed precedure for everything.

With regards,

Siva.
Nothing is Impossible !
Pinki Meggi
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Im following the Oracle Database Installation Guide 10g Realease 2 for hp-ux PA-RISC (64-Bit).

I have done the pre-requisites but i have some problems with some patches that i couldnt install.

this can be the reason for the error?

Regards

Pinki
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

"I have done the pre-requisites but i have some problems with some patches that i couldnt install". Yes this can be the reason. Can you specify the problem(s) you had installing and in which patch(es)?

Best Regards,

Eric Antunes
Each and every day is a good day to learn.
Shameer.V.A
Respected Contributor

Hi,
Please update your system with the patches recommended by oracle installation guide. Please find the attached list of patches which is required for installing oracle 10g on hp unix 11.11

Hope this will help.

Shameer
.... See invisible, feel intangible and achieve impossible as everything is possible ....
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi Pinki,

Try to run the validate script (downloadable from metalink) which will help you determine the missing environment variables or other settings as well as patches.

hope this helps!

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Pinki Meggi
Frequent Advisor

Hi all

Thanks for the replies.

Yogeeraj, do you have that script?
If you dont mind,can you please send this script? Because i dont have registration at the metalink and when i try to register, they ask for some code that i dont have, if you can send me that script it will be very helpful for me to know whats going on.

Thanks in advance.

Pinki.

Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi pinki,

sending you the script

kind regards
Yogeeraj

PS. Please take some time to assign point to your questions. Some poster don't reply to questions by people who have low percentages.. http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/pageList.do?userId=BR887621&listType=unassigned&forumId=1
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi again,

please find attached the required instructions also.

kind regards
yogeeraj