108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Oracle10g installation error

Girish_25
Occasional Advisor

Hi All,

Thanks for some useful replies.

I am getting these errors as soon as i give the path for the CRS home and after clicking the next button and in the err file located in the oraInventory directory I found a
Java i/o exception error . Please suggest me some solutions .

Thanks & Regards
R.Girish
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

Since the installation, verifies all the requirements at start of the installation, we can assume that all the requirements are met.

As IA mentioned above, to be able to troubleshoot further, we should look into the Installation log file.

Please post the exact error details from the logfile...

regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi Girish,

Java i/o exception error looks like something to do with the ├в Install Java Runtime Environment (JRE)├в verify to see if the latest version of JRE is installed as it is an installation requirement.

CRS (Cluster Ready Services) is a new feature for 10g Real Application Clusters. And remember CRS HOME and ORACLE_HOME must be installed in DIFFERENT locations. CRS is REQUIRED to be installed and running prior to installing 10g RAC.

In
Never give up, Keep Trying
Girish_25
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

So if the Java is the problem in this issue. Is it ok if i update the Java SDK to the newer version whether that will help me to solve the issue

Please reply with some suggestions

Thanks & Regards

R.Girish
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Girish,

One to find out is to test witht he latest version of SDK and see how far we go.

Indira A
Never give up, Keep Trying
Girish_25
Occasional Advisor

Hi All,

Sorry for informing it late i even get the error

error while loading library:areasqueries

Thanks & Regards
R.Girish
Girish_25
Occasional Advisor

Hi All,

Thank U for ur valuable replies. I tried upgrading the Java SDK version to the latest one but still the same problem existed. But itied to install the CRS from CD directly instead of a staging area and I found that the installation is going fine.

Thanks & Regards

R.Girish
Girish_25
Occasional Advisor

Hi All,

Thank U for ur valuable replies. I tried upgrading the Java SDK version to the latest one but still the same problem existed. But itied to install the CRS from CD directly instead of a staging area and I found that the installation is going fine.

Thanks & Regards

R.Girish