1752569 Members
4964 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Oracle8i and HP-UX 10.20

Rajesh Singi

Oracle8i and HP-UX 10.20

Is Oracle8i ( 8.1.5 and up) available on HP-UX 10.20 ? If so, has anybody experience with it - good or bad?
8 REPLIES 8
John Palmer
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle8i and HP-UX 10.20

No, anything above Oracle 8.0.6 has to run on HP-UX 11.

Regards,

John
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

I have it running on a couple K570 boxes (10.2). It's Oracle....a hungry little bird. But it runs ok on 10.2.
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

My mistake....I have 7.3.4 and 8.0.5 on 10.2.
And on 11.0 we have 8.1.5 and 8.1.6

Sorry,
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Oracle runs well or pitfully--it all dpends on your DBA's ability to setup the Oracle config file and manage the rollback logs and use the SGA effectively. In other words, it depends on way too many factors for a simple answer. There will be a few kernel parameters that will need adjusting but some of these are related to how Oracle will be used. Oracle's behavior (and performance) depends heavily on the database definitions and config file as well as the filesystems defined for Oracle's use.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Tony Willis_1
Frequent Advisor

HP-UX 11 (well patched) or 11i HPUX works for uswith 8.1.6.

We are moving towards Oracle 11i with 8i this week.
We started today after installingUX patches that were recommended from Oracle. After all, I was two months behind on patches.

Be aware of the "newgrp" and "nfs" patch bugs that are free from HP . The Patch numbers are requested by Oracle but, cause system problems and have been recalled.
"Not Today,Nice Try, Next Time"
Tony Willis_1
Frequent Advisor

HP-UX 11 (well patched) or 11i HPUX works for uswith 8.1.6.

We are moving towards Oracle 11i with 8i this week.
We started today after installingUX patches that were recommended from Oracle. After all, I was two months behind on patches.

Be aware of the "newgrp" and "nfs" patch bugs that are free from HP . The Patch numbers are requested by Oracle but, cause system problems and have been recalled.
"Not Today,Nice Try, Next Time"
Anthony deRito
Respected Contributor

Rajesh, I recently had to look at release notes for several versions. Here is a great link to Oracle's doco site:

http://docs.oracle.com/

All versions of the database are included.

Tony
Anthony deRito
Respected Contributor

Rajesh, I recently had to look at release notes for several versions. Here is a great link to Oracle's doco site:

http://docs.oracle.com/

All versions of the database are included.

Tony