1748066 Members
5508 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PDF file printing in UX

Seshan
Advisor

PDF file printing in UX

how do i print a pdf file in HP UX? I hav jet direct installed... my OS version is 11.11.. what all sud I check for?
7 REPLIES 7
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

acroread -toPostScript

Pete

Pete
Seshan
Advisor

there is no acro read... there is something called HP Dazel running and I cant find any documentation on it.. is there any way to check? when i giv a normal printout via lp it prints, but not a pdf
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Then you need to install the Acrobat reader.

Pete

Pete
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Avaliable here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=unix

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Stefan Schulz
Honored Contributor

Hi,

unless you have a printer which is capable of printing PDF files you need some software to do the trick.

A normal PCL or PS printer is not able to interpret PDF files. Only some (not very common) high end printers have this option.

As the others mentioned you can download and install the free acrobat reader.

Also you can go to the porting center ( http://hpux.asknet.de ) and download ghostview, which is also able to read and print pdf files.

Hope this helps

Regards Stefan
No Mouse found. System halted. Press Mousebutton to continue.
Seshan
Advisor

let me state that this was a working setup. I am new to this organisation, I am told that this was working earlier, and last 1 month it is not.. hence we tried a reload of dazel s/w ( reinstall ).. Now the feedback is that the problem appeared after the HP server underwent a N/w related OS problem, no backup was reloaded, there was an OS related issue... some rc related scripts were found to be not in their original position, were redone, the symptom being the N/W card not being recognised.. now I cant see any connection, if it was that some initialising script was present, the reinstall should hav done the trick
PAVIC Thierry
Frequent Advisor

we use gw too
be carrefull cause the version U will use can make mistake with the ealiest version of pdf file.

we use the foling version
ghostscript-7.05
A program for PostScript and PDF previewing. The results can be previewed on an X11 display, or converted for printing on a wide range of printers, including HP LaserJets. Ghostscript (which is what gs stands for) also includes support for JPEG and PNG (Portable Network Graphics) formats, and zlib compression.

ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.gnu.org/gnu/
Installation Tree: /usr/local

Man Page

Packages Available: (help!)
HP-UX 11.00 PA-RISC Binary Depot (gzipped) [HTTP] [FTP]
(Size: 5.10 MB, Archived: 24 Jul 2002)

HP-UX 11.20 IPF Binary Depot (gzipped) [HTTP] [FTP]
(Size: 5.55 MB, Archived: 24 Jul 2002
This binary depot has also been tested on HP-UX 11.22)

HP-UX Source Code Tar Image (gzipped) [HTTP] [FTP]
(Size: 8.27 MB, Archived: 24 Jul 2002)