Operating System - HP-UX
1752577 Members
5341 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problems installing Oracle on Hp-Ux 11.11

Problems installing Oracle on Hp-Ux 11.11

I am installing Oracle 8.1.5 on Hp-Ux 11.11 but the installation doesn't finish completely but without showing errors. The installation begins well and you arrives to 100% but the dbassistant doesn't appear. I pulse in "Next" but the window doesn't change.
I execute the log of the installation and in the last line "Error :*** Alert: Please run root.sh.............: execute root.sh with login root."
I execute root.sh as root but it continues equally.
I conclude the installation manually and I go to /u01/OraHome1/bin and I execute dbassist but any window doesn't open up.
4 REPLIES 4
Jean-Luc Oudart
Honored Contributor

Pedro

Oracle 815 is desupported long ago.
furthermore, 815 was not certified for 11iv1
(86 may have been the 1st one!)

I believe you would need 10G R2 or later

Regards
Jean-Luc
fiat lux

I have also tried to install on Hp-Ux 11.00 but the problem persists

>> I execute the log of the installation and in the last line "Error :*** Alert: Please run root.sh.............: execute root.sh with login root."

Can you post more than just the last line - maybe the last 20 lines of the install log?

>> I conclude the installation manually and I go to /u01/OraHome1/bin and I execute dbassist but any window doesn't open up.

what does that mean? did you just hit the cancel button in the installer, or terminate the installer? I'm not surprised that nothing works after doing that...

IIRC if root.sh doesn't seem to work, I always went and checked the permissions on the /var/opt/oracle directory to make sure the oracle user could read/write from it and then ran root.sh again - not sure if that problem existed back in the mists of time when 8.1.5 was out though (I presume you have a good reason for using such an old/unsupported version of oracle?)

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo

The last lines:
Action to append a string to a file ; source = /u01/OraHome1/install/unix.rgs stringToAppend = Oracle8i interMedia Locator Service8.1.5.0.0 Production ;Install and Deinstall time action
Starting install install phase 2 of component Oracle interMedia Client Option
Starting install install phase 2 of component Oracle interMedia
Calling query fileQueries1.6.0.4.0 exists
filename = /u01/OraHome1/install/unix.rgs
Query returned : true
Calling action fileActions1.6.0.7.0 appendStringToFile
source = /u01/OraHome1/install/unix.rgs
stringToAppend = interMedia 8.1.5
Action to append a string to a file ; source = /u01/OraHome1/install/unix.rgs stringToAppend = interMedia 8.1.5 ;Install and Deinstall time action
Starting install install phase 2 of component Oracle Product Options
Starting install install phase 2 of component Oracle Utilities
Starting install install phase 2 of component Oracle Configuration Assistants
Starting install install phase 2 of component Development Tools
Starting install install phase 2 of component Oracle Enterprise Manager Products
Starting install install phase 2 of component Oracle Universal Installer
Starting install install phase 2 of component Oracle Installation Products
Starting install install phase 2 of component Common Documentation Resources
Starting install install phase 2 of component HP 9000 Series HP-UX Documentation
Starting install install phase 2 of component Oracle8i Enterprise Edition
Error :*** Alert: Please run root.sh which is present in the location /u01/OraHome1/root.sh by logging in as root from another window before proceeding. ***

I have read in various documents that would have to appear a window requesting that root.sh is executed at the end of the installation and later it is executed to retry. That window doesn't appear me, I execute root.sh because I see it in "InstallActions.log."