Operating System - HP-UX
1752273 Members
4675 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Raw Validation Check Error, Please Help !!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alejandro Izurieta
Occasional Contributor

Raw Validation Check Error, Please Help !!

I'm giving support to the DBA of my company in creating a new data base on Oracle_RAC, I follow all the steps for creating the estructure and the pkg on the cluster, but the DBA report me a problem when he is using the tool dbca for create the new database, the error is the next:

Raw Validation check for Data File "/u01/oracle/oradata/ecm/undotbs2.dbf" failed, open{} for "/u01/oracle/oradata/ecm/undotbs2.dbf file failed

I have the lvol(raw device) created and linked for the raw device undotbs2 on all the nodes in the cluster, i need some idea for resolve this issue, thanks to all !!!
3 REPLIES 3
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Raw Validation Check Error, Please Help !!

hi,

This is a known problem.

Please refer to metalink note: 217319.1

Subject: Raw Device Validation Check When Using DBCA to Create a RAC Database

The problem could be any of:
The raw device is either not readable/writable at the location specified, you are attempting to use a certified shared filesystem (CFS, NFS, etc...), or you do not have user equivelance set up.

Possible solutions are provided there.

kind regards
yogeeraj

No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Alejandro Izurieta
Occasional Contributor

Ok Yogeeraj I will check on metalink and let you know if i can resolve the issue, tha you very much for your response !!!
Alejandro Izurieta
Occasional Contributor

Was a extrange problem whit the permission, but is solved, thanks for your help.