Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re : Oracle profile

Vincent_5
Super Advisor

Re : Oracle profile

Hi Guys,
Can anyone help with steps how can I set my profile in oracle so that when I log-in through CDE environment with Oracle account I can start sqlplus at prompt ? Oracle version use 9.2

Currently situation on my server,

when i su - oracle
I can strat sqlplus immediately, and in env I can see the path for ORACLE_HOME=oracle and etc. Please advice???

Regards
Vincent

nothing is better than to know more
6 REPLIES
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: Re : Oracle profile

Vincent,

I believe you simply need to set DTSOURCEPROFILE=true in ~/.dtprofile.

Pete

Pete
Vincent_5
Super Advisor

Hi ,
Thanks for the info, but are you referring to setting the DTsource profile with oracle user account??

Regards
Vincent
nothing is better than to know more
Fred Ruffet
Honored Contributor

I think Pete is talking about the last line in .dtprofile file in your oracle user's home directory (the directory he is in when he logs).

Regards,

Fred
--

"Reality is just a point of view." (P. K. D.)
twang
Honored Contributor

I have same experience before, see the resolution below:
You can force the system to sources these files by enabling the "loginShell" resource for each of the terminal emulator windows.

To do this on a system-wide basis you will need to create the sys.resources file in the /etc/dt/config/C/ directory and add the following line to this new resource file:

*loginShell: true

The permissions on this file should be 644 :

/usr/bin/chmod 644 /etc/dt/config/C/sys.resources

NOTE: If this file already exists, this resource line can be added to the end of the existing file.

To do this on a per-user basis you will need to create the .Xdefaults file in the user's $HOME directory and add the following line to this new resource file:

*loginShell: true

The permissions on this file should be 644 :

/usr/bin/chmod 755 $HOME/.Xdefaults

NOTE: If this file already exists, this resource line can be added to the end of the existing file.

Both of these changes will take effect with the next login to CDE.

EXPLANATION
The *loginShell resource configures the terminal emulators (Dtterm, HPterm, XTerm) to behave as if the user has 'telnet'-ed or 'rlogin'-ed into the system.

This incorporates the default sequence of reading the /etc/profile and similar files when each new terminal window is opened. Therefore, the environment in the shell window will NOT be the same as as that of the standard CDE session (/usr/dt/bin/dtsession).
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

There is a line that needed to be uncommented

dtsource=true

this will allow your .profile to be sourced when you log in to the CDE environment.

hope this helps!
regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Gerhard Roets
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Vincent

Pete was reffering to the oracle user. The ~ is a shortcut for $HOME f the current user.

So the other way of writing it is $HOME/.dtprofile

Regards
Gerhard