108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SGeRAC & Oracle CRS problem

Mawuse
Frequent Advisor

SGeRAC & Oracle CRS problem

Hi,

Please help me on the following issue :
I am configuring Oracle CRS with SGeRAC. CRS was successfully installed and configured on node 1, but when package move to node 2, CRS does not works, with the following error message thrown repetitively on any open terminal : " Waiting for file system containing /u01/app/oracle/product/10.1.0.2/bin/crsctl, above message repeat 700 times ".

Regards,
Mawuse
9 REPLIES 9
tom quach_1
Super Advisor

Hi Mawuse,

Just have a curious question for you.
Oracle has free ASM and it works with their CRS very well and easy to use. That was what i did when i migrated to 10g RAC from 9iRAC.
I just completely get rid of MC SGeRAC and use CRS and ASM.

Tom
Mawuse
Frequent Advisor

Hi Tom,

Thanks very much. Through your reply I get to know that there is a simpler option,
but the customer insists on the following specification :

1- Configuration of two RAC clusters ( 2 nodes each ) for ERP
2- LVM configuration of raw volumes for clustered databases
3- HP SGeRAC 11.16 clusters implementation
4- Installation and configuration of Oracle 10g CRS + Oracle 10g RAC binaries + patch 10.1.0.4
5- Creation of two databases
6- Integration of One Oracle database into the SGeRAC clusters

Please help me.

Regards,
Mawuse

Mawuse
Frequent Advisor

Please help on the above message.

Regards,
Mawuse
Julio Yamawaki
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

I think your problem is basic, in RAC environments, packages don´t failover to the other node, they just go down.
About CRS, you MUST mount this in SLVM in both nodes, in order to start up CRS services in both nodes. SLVM is part of SGeRAC.

Regards,
Mawuse
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Thank you very much for your contribution. You have given some answers to many questions I have been asking myself.
You know ? I have been configuring oracle database with service guard package failover option. This is my first time for configuring the CRS option.
I would appreciate if you can help me with any step by step document or any manual that would help me understand and configure properly SGeRAC with Oracle CRS.

Regards,
Berenger
Julio Yamawaki
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Attached a doc about configuring rac in HP-UX. It's for 9i, but can be used for 10g also.
Also, you MUST read Serviceguard Extension for RAC (I believe your are using 11.16 or 11.17). You can get this doc in docs.hp.com, if you don't have it in paper printing.
Read this docs and if you still have any doubts, please post these here and I will try to answer.

Regards,
Mawuse
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Thanks very very very much for the manual !!! I am clarified on 90% of the issues I have.
The next thing I would like to understand is related to the Oracle CRS and database repository mount points or file systems.
During the installation, Oracle RAC will ask to install files simultaneously on the second node in the cluster: How will I provide this requirement ?
Thanks very much for your attention.

Regards,
Mawuse
Julio Yamawaki
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Oracle asks for install in both nodes of oracle binaries and it's recommended to install simultaneously by creating the oracle binaries mount point in both nodes (normally /oracle).
Before configuring oracle rac, you need to plan your database. If you bought only SGeRac, you will need to use raw devices for all shared storage. Use that doc from oracle to do this.
Create all volume groups and logical volumes in both nodes. Modify permission. Modify owner:group.
One it's complete, you need to define ip addresses: fixed lans, floating lans (or VIP) and cluster interconnects (cache fusion or oracle rac heart beat).
Now you can install oracle binaries.
Once installed, create the database in the first node and complete configuring database in the second node.
Finally, you can configure both packages using all parameters defined above: VGs, LVOLs, IPs.
One more important point, define listener.ora exactly as you see in oracle documents and init.ora too. It's a key issue for a good rac implementation.

Regards,
Julio Yamawaki
Esteemed Contributor

About CRS, it's a service that need to be up before starting up oracle instances.
In oracle's doc it's clear: there is a raw device that CRS services use for communication, you MUST create this and indicate that it's for this service.
When configuring the packages in Serviceguard, you will put this command before starting instance:
/bincrsctl start
This procedure is well described in Using Serviceguard Extension for RAC.

Regards,