4581 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Socks client for hpux11i

Srinivas Ch
Occasional Contributor

Socks client for hpux11i

Hi,
I am looking for a socks client for hpux11i.
Can anyone point me to any socks client depot available. I tried to install the "socks_cstc-4.2.pre1" bits. but the make fails for this bits. Thanks in advance for the help.
--Srinivas
Srini
6 REPLIES 6
Brian Crabtree
Honored Contributor

Srini,

This should be in /opt/socks by default.

Brian
Srinivas Ch
Occasional Contributor

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I checked my system but I cannot find the socks client installed at /opt/socks. Does the socks client come along with the application CDs as an optional sw? thanks for the help.
--Srinivas

Srini
Brian Crabtree
Honored Contributor

Srini,

Go ahead and email me, and I will reply back with the package name and a depot that you should be able to get it from.

Brian Crabtree
Justin Willoughby
Regular Advisor

Why not post this info? Now two years after the original post I need this same info and it's not to be found here in the itrc?

- Justin
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

The Dante socks client (is found on the Internet Express CD. If you don't get subscription CDs, you can download the Internet Express packages from software.hp.com, specfically: http://software.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPUXIEXP1111
and docs from: http://www.docs.hp.com/en/internet.html#HP-UX%20Internet%20Express

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Justin Willoughby
Regular Advisor

Bill,

Thanks, that helped a lot. I got the socks client bit installed and can use it (after I installed patch PHSS_30970).

I can't seem to get ncftp to work with it but I can get the built in ftp client to. I like ncftp better but as long as I can get some ftp client to use socks I will be happy.

- Justin