Operating System - HP-UX
1752793 Members
6075 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Start/stop of Oracle Database not wokring from <sid>adm (SAP User)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Sanjay,

You did a copy or did you cloned the database? I'm asking this because you can't copy 2 instance with differents SID, you must clone them.

Best Regards,

Eric Antunes
Each and every day is a good day to learn.
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi Sanjay,

Sorry for the delayed repy. Attached is a document which describes how HP-UX loads shared libraries at runtime.

This document discusses setting SHLIB_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH on HP-UX. However, even with the correct settings of these environment variables, dynamic loading of shared libraries can still fail

Any other library linked with the executable could cause the error, such as:
libwtc8.sl
libobk.sl
libodm9.sl
libjox9.sl

I hope this will fix the issue.

Indira A

Never give up, Keep Trying
Volker Borowski
Honored Contributor

Hi sks,

was this QEW system ever up and running before and you simply exchanged the database, or did you set up an entirely new QA-box ???

If entire new, how did you set up the rest of the system ? I think of an environment mismatch for your sidadm.

Can you attach the output of
"env"
for both users pleas and tell us what SAP-version you are running.

Thnaks
Volker
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

Dear all

Thanks for so many inputs and the problem is as it is. Let me narrate what we did:

Source System
---------------------
1. We took entire offline FS backup from a running SAP system (SID=ABC, hostname=host1).

Target System
--------------------

1. This backup was restored.

2. SAP was started as it is with SID=ABC and hostname=host1 using user=abcadm. And no issues were faced.

3. Using Oracle command:
create controlfile reuse set database XYZ

We changed the SID of target system to XYZ.

4. We also made sutiable changes in initXYZ.ora and other changes in files tnsnames.ora, listener.ora etc.

5. Now we changed the host name to host2.

6. We renamed profile for xyzadm and oraxyz users to .dbenv_host2.csh and .sapenv_host2.csh and made required changes.

7. Also recreated links in $ORACLE_HOME/lib, $ORACLE_HOME/lib32 and /usr/lib to reflect new host name and SID.

Now we are not able to start Oracle using xyzadm. But we can start the same with oraxyz.

There error faced is shown below:

host2:xyzadm 28> sqlplus /nolog
/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unable to find library 'libwtc9.sl'.
Killed

host2:xyzadm 29> tnsping
/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unable to find library 'libclntsh.sl.9.0'.
Killed

sks
A rigid mind is very sure, but often wrong. A flexible mind is generally unsure, but often right.
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Hi Sanjay,

"Now we are not able to start Oracle using xyzadm. But we can start the same with oraxyz."

Can you post here "ev|more" outputs for those 2 users?

Best Regards,

Eric Antunes
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

I mean env, not ev.
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

The enviroment seems to be ok. Still:

host2:qewadm 22> env
HOME=/home/qewadm
PATH=/oracle/QEW/920_64/bin:.:/home/qewadm:/usr/sap/QEW/SYS/exe/run:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/contrib/bin:/opt/hparray/bin:/opt/nettladm/bin:/opt/upgrade/bin:/opt/fcms/bin:/opt/pd/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/contrib/bin/X11:/opt/mx/bin:/opt/resmon/bin:/opt/netscape:/opt/scr/bin://opt/perl/bin:/opt/graphics/common/bin:/usr/sbin/diag/contrib:/opt/ignite/bin:/opt/omni/bin
LOGNAME=qewadm
SHELL=/usr/bin/csh
TERM=dtterm
COLUMNS=134
LINES=49
MANPATH=/usr/share/man/%L:/usr/share/man:/usr/contrib/man/%L:/usr/contrib/man:/usr/local/man/%L:/usr/local/man:/opt/upgrade/share/man/%L:/opt/upgrade/share/man:/opt/pd/share/man/%L:/opt/pd/share/man:/opt/pd/share/man/%L:/opt/pd/share/man:/opt/pd/share/man/%L:/opt/pd/share/man:/opt/ignite/share/man/%L:/opt/ignite/share/man:/opt/mx/share/man:/usr/dt/share/man:/opt/samba/man:/opt/resmon/share/man:/opt/scr/share/man://opt/perl/man:/opt/graphics/common/man:/opt/hparray/share/man/%L:/opt/hparray/share/man:/opt/omni/lib/man
TZ=IST-5:30
SAPSYSTEMNAME=QEW
DIR_LIBRARY=/usr/sap/QEW/SYS/exe/run
SHLIB_PATH=/usr/sap/QEW/SYS/exe/run
THREAD=NOPS
dbms_type=ORA
dbs_ora_tnsname=QEW
dbs_ora_schema=SAPR3
ORACLE_PSRV=QEW
ORACLE_SID=QEW
DB_SID=QEW
ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/QEW/920_64
ORACLE_BASE=/oracle
ORA_NLS33=/oracle/client/81x_64/ocommon/nls/admin/data
NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8DEC
SAPDATA_HOME=/oracle/QEW

host2:oraqew 21> env
HOME=/oracle/QEW
PATH=/oracle/QEW/920_64/bin:/oracle/QEW/bin:/usr/sap/QEW/SYS/exe/run:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/contrib/bin:/opt/hparray/bin:/opt/nettladm/bin:/opt/upgrade/bin:/opt/fcms/bin:/opt/pd/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/contrib/bin/X11:/opt/mx/bin:/opt/resmon/bin:/opt/netscape:/opt/scr/bin://opt/perl/bin:/opt/graphics/common/bin:/usr/sbin/diag/contrib:/opt/ignite/bin:/opt/omni/bin
LOGNAME=oraqew
SHELL=/usr/bin/csh
TERM=vt100
COLUMNS=134
LINES=49
MANPATH=/usr/share/man/%L:/usr/share/man:/usr/contrib/man/%L:/usr/contrib/man:/usr/local/man/%L:/usr/local/man:/opt/upgrade/share/man/%L:/opt/upgrade/share/man:/opt/pd/share/man/%L:/opt/pd/share/man:/opt/pd/share/man/%L:/opt/pd/share/man:/opt/pd/share/man/%L:/opt/pd/share/man:/opt/ignite/share/man/%L:/opt/ignite/share/man:/opt/mx/share/man:/usr/dt/share/man:/opt/samba/man:/opt/resmon/share/man:/opt/scr/share/man://opt/perl/man:/opt/graphics/common/man:/opt/hparray/share/man/%L:/opt/hparray/share/man:/opt/omni/lib/man
TZ=IST-5:30
SAPSYSTEMNAME=QEW
dbms_type=ORA
DIR_LIBRARY=/usr/sap/QEW/SYS/exe/run
SHLIB_PATH=/oracle/QEW/920_64/lib
DBENV_CSH=SET
NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8DEC
THREAD=NOPS
ORACLE_PSRV=QEW
ORACLE_SID=QEW
ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/QEW/920_64
ORA_NLS33=/oracle/QEW/920_64/ocommon/nls/admin/data
SAPDATA_HOME=/oracle/QEW
ORACLE_BASE=/oracle

sks
A rigid mind is very sure, but often wrong. A flexible mind is generally unsure, but often right.
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

The problem may be arising because the programs are setuid and setgid. This turns off library path search see man ld.

you should check your environment variables: SHLIB_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Hi Sanjay,

I suspect your variable ORA_NLS33 (/oracle/client/81x_64/ocommon/nls/admin/data) in not ok for qewadm user...

Since your are on 9i, I think (not sure because I'm still on 8i) you shouldn't use 8i nls.

Best Regards,

Eric Antunes
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

Dear Friends

Thanks for all the posts.

We solve the problem as suggested by the inputs from Fred using ora.

$relink all

Fred - I need to give 10 point to you whenever you reply to this thread.

Indira - You attached document is really good. We will share the same with our team members.

sks