Operating System - HP-UX
1748157 Members
4062 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Sybase 11.9 on HP Itanium - Lots of doubts?

Gd2
Advisor

Sybase 11.9 on HP Itanium - Lots of doubts?

I have old C applications running at HP-UX 11.0 PA-RISC servers, I would be recompiling it and porting it on HP Itanium servers 11.31.

These applications connect to sybase 11.9

I desperately need help on following questions -

1)Would Sybase 11.9 work on HP Itanium 11.31?

2) I noticed in "make" files of C appications that it uses the sybase "cpre" command to compile C sources to produce isql and other files. is "cpre" present in bin folder of HP-UX PARISC 11.0 compatible with Itanium 11.31?

3) To test the C applications ported at HP Itanium 11.31, my approach is to copy the sybase libs and bin folder from PA-RISC servers to HP itanium 11.31 so that the "make" files can locally reference it and compile it and once thats done, the applciation can access Sybase sitting at PA-RISC servers. The reason I am doing it to check for portability of C code only. If C code works, I would setup Sybase 15 at Itanium and do necessary changes to C applications convinced that the C Programs are compatible. Is this approach correct??

Desperately seeking help? Please help
1 REPLY 1
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Sybase 11.9 on HP Integrity - Lots of questions?

(This is the wrong forum for HP-UX Integrity questions.)

>1) Would Sybase 11.9 work on Integrity 11.31?

What does Sybase say about it?

>is "cpre" present in bin folder of HP-UX PA-RISC 11.0 compatible with Integrity 11.31?

It depends. If if this is like Pro*c, there maybe problems with system header and new builtin data types.

>I would setup Sybase 15 at Integrity and do necessary changes to C applications convinced that the C programs are compatible. Is this approach correct?

If you are using lots of third party code, you should make sure that's available on Integrity.