1751688 Members
5530 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Sybase system table question

Michael Marsh_1
Occasional Contributor

Sybase system table question

I would like to know if there is a stored procedure or system table in Sybase ASE 12.0 I can reference to get date user database table was last updated.

I know sysobjects table will give me creation date (crdate) of user tables, but knowing 'update table date' would greatly improve response on script to bypass tables (1,500+ table db) that haven't been updated recently.

Mike
2 REPLIES 2
Larry O'Reilly
Advisor

Re: Sybase system table question

I don't know of any system tables where the information is stored, but it occurred to me that you may be able to look at the transaction logs via "dbcc log". Another approach is to set up auditing which can be configured to log all insert, updates and deletes. Or, you could write a script to create generic triggers that record the date of the last insert, update or delete.
Larry O'Reilly
Advisor

Re: Sybase system table question

I don't know of any system tables where the information is stored, but it occurred to me that you may be able to look at the transaction logs via "dbcc log". Another approach is to set up auditing which can be configured to log all insert, updates and deletes. Or, you could write a script to create generic triggers that record the date of the last insert, update or delete.