1753598 Members
6603 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Tacking

amanya
Occasional Contributor

Tacking

Dear experts, I want to monitor & capture all the commands my dba or any other user is typing on my unix box and from which IPs are they doing so.

Is there a way I can do so....
5 REPLIES 5
RAC_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Tacking

check there .sh_history file. For ip address, you can do who -u/last -r
There is no substitute to HARDWORK
amanya
Occasional Contributor

but .sh_history dont show all commands a particular user has entered in his secission ..is there any other way out to capture the secission.
Arunvijai_4
Honored Contributor

Hi Amanya,

You can use script command to catch all the actions from other user's terminal. Check "man script" for more information

-Arun
"A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for"
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

depending on the version of Oracle database that you are using, you can also audit the connections.

For the next release of its database solution, Oracle promises to deliver ORACLE AUDIT. At first glance, it looks very powerful.

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

depending on the version of Oracle database that you are using, you can also audit the connections.

For the next release of its database solution, Oracle promises to deliver AUDIT VAULT. At first glance, it looks very powerful.

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)