1748066 Members
5521 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unable to relink oracle successfully

Itanium2_1
Occasional Contributor

Unable to relink oracle successfully

Hi.. When running HP-UX11.11, and HyperFabric 11.11.01. and the HyperFabric cumulative patch.. I'm unable to relink oracle successfully (oracle 9.2.0.1.0) and as a consequent result, I can't startup up oracle..
I can do a make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle successfully.. but "relink oracle"

The error messages I get are

ld: Unsatisfied symbol "clic_post" in file /u02/oracle/920/lib//libskgxp9.a[skcs
i.o]
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "clic_get_instance_id" in file /u02/oracle/920/lib//libsk
gxp9.a[skcsi.o]
2 errors.
*** Error exit code 1

When I do a clic_stat, I see that both hyperfabric adapters are active / operational, and if I do a lanscan, both adapters are up with the correct ip addresses..

Any suggestions / hints welcome..

5 REPLIES 5
Kawah Cheung
Advisor

Re: Unable to relink oracle successfully

Hi,

The error you are getting maybe due to a patch missing on your OS. There could be patch dependencies. Check the patchset instruction of your OS documentation.

Also, see attaced note, for the patches recommended in HP (ALERT:HP-UX: Patch Levels Advised)

Rgds,
Kawah

If in doubt, ask!
Shahul
Esteemed Contributor

Hi

It can be a patch problem.. Please check up all patches for the particular version of oracle is installed or not.

Best of luck
Shahul
SuperDome_1
Advisor

Is there a site externally, or anywhere else, I could find the list of required patches for Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 on HP-UX 11.11

Thx

Steve Steel
Honored Contributor

Hi

http://metalink.oracle.com/

Steve Steel

Reduce your support time!

Oracle Support Services' premier web support, MetaLink,
can save what you value most -- TIME!

OracleMetaLink is:

Available Online, 24x7 -- Leverage the internet's speed and accessibility for technical support that accommodates your schedule and needs.

Faster and More Efficient -- Logging Technical Assistance Requests (TARs) online allows you to:

Use TAR templates, describe a problem in your own words, cut and paste error messages
ELIMINATE hold times and voicemail tag
Take advantage of automatic skill routing
Use TAR profiles - templates of your product, platform, version numbers, CSI and contact information, eliminating the need to repeat standard profile information
Monitor or update your open TARs online
Proactive -- Take preventive action by downloading and applying appropriate software fixes, workarounds, or plan future upgrades.

Track the progress of bugs associated with your licensed products
A Global Knowledge Repository -- MetaLink contains Oracle Support Services' technical best practices and expertise for enhanced business productivity and minimized business disruption.

Login or Register now (only for customers with an active support contract on their Oracle licenses)!

OracleMetaLink Features:

No Additional Cost - Premier web support service available at no cost to Oracle customers with active support service contracts

Available Online, 24x7 - Always available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week

Technical Libraries - Access information that will aid you in using Oracle products, such as hot topics, product reference, installation assistance materials, white papers, problem/solution articles, and more

Knowledge Base Search - Full-text queries against all content in MetaLink's repositories, including technical forum postings and the bug database

Forums - Post questions for feedback from technical analysts and other Oracle customers

Product Lifecycle - Product availability, product alerts, certifications, and de-support information online

Bug Database Search - Query published bugs from the Oracle Bug Database

File Access - Download patches and patch sets directly from OracleMetaLink

Enter TARs Online - Submit, update, review, and close your TARs online (not available in some countries)

Skills-Based Routing - TARs submitted electronically are automatically matched to the right technical resource within Oracle Support Services (not available in some countries)

TAR Access and Reporting - Track issues by generating and viewing TAR reports

My Headlines - Customize your MetaLink account to receive only the information you want

User Profile - Customize your personal Oracle Support Services account information

User Administration - Manage access of your company's MetaLink users

Context-Sensitive Help - Learn the features of MetaLink and see "how to" instructions

Feedback - Enter feedback about MetaLink

How can you get access to our current MetaLink web site? Customers with an active support contract for their Oracle licenses can register for access today or login if already registered. MetaLink is a valuable tool that will help you get the most out of your Oracle products.

If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
Thayanidhi
Honored Contributor

Hi

We had simillar problem.

libc - cumulative patches and other patches recommended by Oracle was apllied and then it is ok.

Kawah Cheung's Attachemnts gives better picture

Attitude (not aptitude) determines altitude.