5026 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Universe 9.6

Paula J Frazer-Campbell
Honored Contributor

Harry

Are you serious about working in the UK?

If so I can point you in the right direction.

Email me if interested.

paula@avro.co.uk

Sorry Lee, not really answering your question, but at least it is keeping your post high on the forum.

Paula
If you can spell SysAdmin then you is one - anon
Mark Greene_1
Honored Contributor

Harry,

I started on Ultimate's IBM VM implementation in 1987. Worked at the first company in the country who went live with Ultimate on an IBM 4381. Did some work on R83, Ultimate on Honeywell DPS15 & DEC LSI, Sequoia, and finally Universe one a DEC Alpha.

Now I'm out of the Pick game completely for the first time in my career, doing the sys admin gig on IBM rs/6000 and HP-UX 11.0!

To bring this back on-topic, Lee, have you looked at getting FAST? It is a file resizing utility:

http://www.fitzlong.com/45_info.htm

HTH
mark
the future will be a lot like now, only later
Keith W Upton
Occasional Advisor

Hi Lee

Just joined and was looking around when I spotted your question. A bit of background first, I'm the Technical support manager at Travis Perkins. We currently run Universe 9.6 on 3 DG AV25000 with about 6000 on-line users and we're just about to start a migration to a 32Way superdome in 4 partitions. We use our own file resizing functions and database around the RESIZE which runs things automatically. Mark Greene's comment about loosing data is correct but you can recover this from the "resize" file in most cases as long as you don't mess with the resize flag in the file header.

There's only one thing certain in Life