1752571 Members
4490 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Urgent ! Oracle asked for user password change

Kenn Chen
Advisor

Urgent ! Oracle asked for user password change

Currently, there is some problem with my oracle database. my file system was full due to arhieve log full. then i was trying to logon to oracle user but it prompt me to change the user password. I can't change it because it will effect my applications. Pls help !! Any parameters setting for user password expiry ?
Cyber Zen
4 REPLIES 4
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Urgent ! Oracle asked for user password change

Hi,

It looks as though oracle's password has expired. I assume that you have embedded the password in some of your applications - noot good practice but we need to fix you.

as root: passwd oracle
Then simply re-enter the existing oracle password. You should then go into SAM and remove any aging conditions on the oracle user so that this does not happen again.

This should fix you, Clay
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Carlos Fernandez Riera
Honored Contributor

See alert_$ORACLE_SID.log file .

Perhaps your filesystem is full again and you cant login, so oracle ask for your password.

unsupported
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
Is it the Oracle Applications password ?
if yes, change your expiration time in the Application user profile.
If it is a password for a database user, try it with the Oracle Enterpise Manager ( Security Manager ).
I attached a little script, that will compress your archive log files on the flight. put this in the cron and run it every 20 minutes.
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Christian Schulze
Regular Advisor

Hi Alexander

In your Script you have to make sure, that it will never try to compress an Archivelog which is written (copied) by Oracle at this moment.

If this happens Oracle will complain ...

I thought that there would only be a small chance, but ...
It happend only twice to me.

Christian
never touch a running system