1753720 Members
5010 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Usermanagement on HP-UX and Oracle

Jeen Oppedijk
Advisor

Usermanagement on HP-UX and Oracle

Does anyone know of an application to manage users on HP-UX (10.20/11.0) and Oracle (7.3.x/8.x.x), besides ControlSA (BMC)?
Or, better even, how to use Windows Active Directory to do the job?
5 REPLIES 5
KapilRaj
Honored Contributor

Re: Usermanagement on HP-UX and Oracle

hi ,

could not understand the question. For usermanagement in hp-ux there is "sam".

kaps
Nothing is impossible
Jeen Oppedijk
Advisor

SAM doesn't manage Oracle users....
Pedro Sousa
Honored Contributor

Hi!
If what you're looking for is a graphical interface for Oracle, there is Enterprise Manager for example. For HP-UX there is SAM.
Or else, you can always create users by command line.
good luck.
R. Allan Hicks
Trusted Contributor

I'm sure where you are coming from on the question either. By 'manage users' do you mean manage remote authenication so that Windows clients can log in as sysdba and sysoper? If so, check out the orawpd utility. It sets up the authenication file. Also, don't forget to set up remote authenication in your pfile.

There was also a gotcha in the remote authenication. The utility implies that you can use any name for the authentication file, but only the default name will work.

I hope I didn't miss your question by too much.
-Good Luck
allan
"Only he who attempts the absurd is capable of achieving the impossible
Jeen Oppedijk
Advisor

Sorry, I was not clear on the purpose.
We want 'simple' administrators to be able to create en manage users on unix and Oracle (assign profiles, applications, etc..) with as little effort as possible.
At present we have an application for this purpose (ERM, which also manages our WindowsNT users) but it is End Of Life and no longer supported.
TIA