1748051 Members
5000 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: WHAT IS ORA 1591 ERROR IN ORACLE 8.1.7.3

Pradeep_3
Frequent Advisor

WHAT IS ORA 1591 ERROR IN ORACLE 8.1.7.3

WE ARE RUNNING ORACLE 8.1.7.3 ON HP-UX 11.11 WITH THREE TIER ARCHITECTURE AND TOPEND AS A MIDDLE TIER ORACLE AS BACKEND AND FRONT END IS DEVELOPED IN D2K+VB. WE RUN OLINLE TRANSATION BASED APPLICATION.

WE GOT FOLLOWING ERROR WHICH HUNG APPLICATION FOR FEW MINUTES CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS ERROR IS AND WHAT CARE SHOULD BE TAKEN TO AVOID THIS ERROR IN FUTURE?

TRANSACTION FAILED WITH ORA 1591 ERROR & THERE WAS LOCK ON THE TABLE

THANKS IN ADVANCE

PARESH
2 REPLIES 2
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi Paresh,

ORA-1591 ERROR with LOCK ON THE TABLE....
Reason for the error could be :- An attempt was made to access a resource locked by a dead two-phase commit transaction that is in prepared state.

Action: Match the transaction number in the message with the GLOBAL_TRAN_ID column of the DBA_2PC_PENDING table to determine the database link and the state of the transaction. Attempt to repair network connections to the coordinator and commit point, if necessary. If timely repair is not possible, contact the database administrator at the commit point, if known, to resolve the pending transaction.

This is what is mentioned in Oracle8i Distributed Database Systems, Chapter 5 "Managing Distributed Transactions"

Specifying the Lock Timeout Interval

When you issue a SQL statement, Oracle8i attempts to lock the resources needed to successfully execute the statement. If the requested data is currently held by statements of other uncommitted transactions, however, and remains locked for a long time, a timeout occurs.

Consider the following scenarios involving data access failure:

Transaction Timeouts

Locks From In-Doubt Transactions

I hope thsi helps.

IA
Never give up, Keep Trying
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor

HI

FYI program oerr for quick reference

:/home/oracle $ oerr ora 1541
01541, 00000, "system tablespace cannot be brought offline; shut down if necessa
ry"
// *Cause: Tried to bring system tablespace offline
// *Action: Shutdown if necessary to do recovery

Also
http://tahiti.oracle.com/

Select what you want and search

You do need to register for this one but it is good

Steve Steel

If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)