New Discussion юеВ

Re: Well done Robin!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steven Sim Kok Leong
Honored Contributor

Hi Robin,

A great congratulations to you! :-) Keep it up.

Steven Sim Kok Leong

Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Robin!

Welcome to the Club Royale...
Your scripting is legendary Sir!
Cheers
-Michael
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Kurt Beyers.
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Robin!

It must be getting crowded at the royal court. Luckely two new stages were added to the ITRC building. James has the penthouse.

Kurt
Peter Kloetgen
Esteemed Contributor

Hi all,

my big respect to all the famous guys who are doing a great job here! Now Robin is the next royal on this site, he can be proud of in my opinion.

Allways stay on the bright side of life!

Peter
I'm learning here as well as helping
Robin Wakefield
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hey, thanks everyone for the kind words. It's taken a while to get there, although not as long as my profile might suggest, since I didn't start contributing until about a year ago!! And I can't believe I've never submitted a question - not *really* being lazy, I just work on such old kit, that I never have anything new to ask a question about!! That's also the reason I can't answer a whole lot more too...and I know there's a bunch of equally if not more competent scripters out there, it's just the one topic that broadly hardware-independent, so I can normally have a good stab at these.

Just quickly, I'm in my early 40's, two children (my son's travelling around Australia, my daughter's at Warwick University), married for 25 years (all right then, I'm in my mid-40's). Don't laugh, but my brother was on TV last week in...wait for it..."Britain's Brainiest Estate Agent" - now there's a collection of words you don't see together very often - only kidding Andy! I've got a degree in Mechanical Engineering, and my hobbies include running and car restoration, although there's never much time for the latter - oh yeah, and bailing my son out when he runs out of cash in Australia!!

Hope to keep checking the Forum as often as I can. Anyone who subscribes to SysAdmin Mag can see an (old) article I'm having published in the April 2002 issue, so happy reading, and happy forum'ing.

Rgds, Robin.
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Congratulations Robin!

Congratulations Robin on a well deserved crown. Enjoy your Royalty!

Regards!

...JRF...
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Robin,

Are you kidding me? Your scripting is way above par. How many times have you bailed Bill out (there's not enough atoms in the universe to store the number, just kidding Bill :-)).

But on to the other subject (no pun intended - for those of you that aren't familiar with the term -> "subject of the queen") of your brother. I agree that I have never heard these words used together ::> "Britain's Brainiest Estate Agent" :-))

One of my dearest British friends (now an American citizen - well actually a dualie) always tell's me that England didn't lose to us in the revolutionary war, say what? He say's when we celebrate independence day on July 4th, in England they celebrate thanksgiving day. That English bast.ard!

Robin, keep the scripting up, and diverse into perl!

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Deshpande Prashant
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Robin..
Well done, Robin! Keep up the good work!

Thanks
Prashant Deshpande.
Take it as it comes.
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Very well done, Robin.

As someone who knows a teeny-tiny bit about languages, I appreciate your scripting skills.
I just can't help but wonder what you could do in Perl ....

Regards, Clay
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
George_Dodds
Honored Contributor

Well done Robin, keep up the good work.

Regs

George