1753776 Members
6983 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: any ideas as to why i got the following error messages

Graham Cameron_1
Honored Contributor

Re point 2. There is no such unwritten rule.

What Yogeeraj was suggesting is that you may have inadvertently corrupted the file by running 2 simultaneous exports to the same dmp file.

If you are confident that this was not the case then I have run out of suggestions.

Do you have a support contract with Oracle?
If so, I suggest you raise an iTar.

-- Graham
Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done.
Brian Crabtree
Honored Contributor

Nichelle,

Have you tried running this from the command line directly. There could be a problem with the parfile (tab at the end of the file, something like that).

try:

imp userid=user/pass file=/mnt12/exports/idg2_18oct2003.dmp fromuser=idg2 touser=idg2 ignore=y indexes=n commit=y

and see if that runs the import, or if you get the same error.

Thanks,

Brian
Ian Lochray
Respected Contributor

Nichelle,
is it a typo in your post or are the input and export par files really using different input/output files. The post says that the export uses file=/mnt12/exports/idg2_18oct03.dmp
and the input uses
file=/mnt12/exports/idg2_18oct2003.dmp
Mark Grant
Honored Contributor

If it's any help, error 16 is "Mount device busy" This could be the result of all sorts of things. For example, if /mnt12 is automounted and somebody is already in that directory when the system tries to mount it you will get this error.

I don't know anything about the database here but if you can kill off everything using that mount point (re-boot if you can, it's easier) You might be all right. Also, check you are not in that directory yourself when you do the work.
Never preceed any demonstration with anything more predictive than "watch this"
Nichelle_1
Occasional Contributor

Thank-you to everyone who posted replies. I eventually did a recovery and then re-did the exports, dropped the tablespace and re-created it and then imported and had no problems. Although, this time around i did run my exports one at a time.

Nichelle