2> go
it show error
No language handler installed.
4 REPLIES 4
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Re: backup server is not working for sybase

Hi,
I didn't think you could use the BACKUP server in this way, don't you need to use the DATABASE server ?

Please also read:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33 on how to reward any useful answers given to your questions.

So far you have not awarded any points !

RIYAZ_3
Occasional Advisor

Hi
Thanks

Thinks is that when i am able to take the backup it show me error that
SYBMSG 3216

when i use isql with dataserver any updation show "No language handler installed"

Just want resolved this one with backup server issuse

Larry O'Reilly
Advisor

If you connect directly to the Backup Server with isql and attempt to issue a command, you will get messages like the following:

1> dump database master to tapedump1
2> go

Language cmd: dump database master to tapedump1

This is expected behavior because Backup Server is not a stand-alone Adaptive Server. It is an Open Server application, is not intended to accept direct commands, and, therefore, has no way of parsing them. All commands to the Backup Server, such as shutdown or dump and load, can be issued only from a running Adaptive Server.

Larry O'Reilly
Advisor

If you connect directly to the Backup Server with isql and attempt to issue a command, you will get messages like the following:

1> dump database master to tapedump1
2> go

Language cmd: dump database master to tapedump1

This is expected behavior because Backup Server is not a stand-alone Adaptive Server. It is an Open Server application, is not intended to accept direct commands, and, therefore, has no way of parsing them. All commands to the Backup Server, such as shutdown or dump and load, can be issued only from a running Adaptive Server.